Just got out the saw and cut a huge hole in my wall.....

by AK - Jeff 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have contemplated long enough on the changes I plan to make. I am a procrastinator and a careful long thinker before I finally get to the work. I have planned this doorway into the kitchen for 6 months in my mind - now I have a hole.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

How big a hole?

• mrsjones5
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I have planned this doorway into the kitchen for 6 months in my mind - now I have a hole.

Good....but what will the next 6 months bring?

• mustang
    mustang

Is it a whole hole

Mustang

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Don't speak to me about holes....

Or even worse my wife! HA!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A doorway sized hole. I am planning on removing a hallway and putting in a built in refrig and a pantry. This was the first step.

I have a lot of experience in these matters. It was a matter of getting started. The hole is done now. I need to finish that, add three short partitions, move a door. I imagine it will be spring before I finish the project. I will take it slow and deliberate. I also have to assure that what portions I start I can finish enough that day, so that when the g-kids get home the mess is cleaned up. Otherwise it will be a serious issue - the smallest g-kid [T] might make a meal of the drywall, ect. The older g-kids [N and P] will be the 'trackers', if I am not carefull.

I live in a matriarchial society - if u don't believe me ask wifey - [I also hope she does not see this since it is tongue and cheek really] - and she has given the order that the mess is gone when the grandkids ride in each evening. Wifey rules. Please don't tell her, please.......

Jeff

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I am a procrastinator and a careful long thinker before I finally get to the work. I have planned this doorway into the kitchen for 6 months in my mind - now I have a hole.

Hmm, sounds like my dad, he does this all the time, must be a guy thing. The only difference - my dad would either not make the whole in the wall in the first place, or he'd make it and then just leave it and not do anything else with it, so it would just be an ugly hole in the wall.

On one hand, congrats on finally getting started, on the other hand, let's hope it doesn't take another 6 months to decide to do something with said hole.

Here's to Jeff finishing the doorway in his kitchen!!

Good luck with the door, or at least with the hole in the wall that will eventually become a doorway!!

-Becka :)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Jeff! I empathize! I'm in the middle of turning a spare bedroom into a master bath and walk in closet. Plans took two years! Still can't get decisions out of the boss (Mrs. J) on certain details. I just ignore the project for a couple weeks when she can't make up her mind. Kinda passive agressive, I know, but hey, I hate doing a job and then find out she wanted it done some other way. Been doing that for forty some years. Time to relax and let thing flow.....

Maybe by easter the tiled floor will be in and we can start thinking about what tile pattern on the shower.. Didn't say which easter...

carmel

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, more holes are in the works. Today I have removed part of the closet that has to go. I was fortunate in the way the house was built that these partitions were put under the ceiling drywall and not vice-versa. easier to patch drywall on walls than ceilings for me. The floor will need some attention too. Anyway procrastinator Jeff has become demolition Jeff this week. Hoorah for me.

Carmel - I get what you are saying. But in the end she is the one that you are trying to please, right? I've been doing the same thing for just 32 years - just a newlywed compared to you...LOL

Thanx all for the encouragement. I sure don't want a hole there forever undone. Although it is a nice hole. I have a pic of it - but not sure how to post it here - techno dummy I am.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit