True religion???

by Cindyrenee 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Cindyrenee,

Have you ever discovered anything in life more real and truth than your most close and intimate sense of existing and being?

In your most alone moments, in your most confused moments, be still and see, is this warm alive sense of being any less here? Everything we believe and think about life moves and changes; but what of the silent and indescribable sense of being and existing? Does it move or change? How deep does this pristine pool go? Beyond thoughts and beliefs, what are you, really?

Perhaps dear, the truth, the peace and the wholeness you seek, you are. It just needs to be seen.

Welcome to the forum.

j

• carla
    carla

If you are looking for religion, it is everywhere. A relationship with Christ is a completely different thing. Which do you want?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Cindyrense:

Is there a true religion?

No.

Is there a religion that really puts God first, that really cares about its followers, that really adheres to Bible principles?

Absolutely. Loads of them, in fact. None of that makes them true though. carla:

If you are looking for religion, it is everywhere. A relationship with Christ is a completely different thing.

No it's not. That's just one kind of religion i.e. Christianity

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

cindyrenee,

what James Thomas said.

and if you like what he said, go back through his post history, and read his posts. and i wish you the best on your journey.

TS

• greendawn
    greendawn

No there isn't a genuine Christian religion but only half baked ones. Keeping up the christian rules is in fact something very easy as long as everyone but especially the leaders give the good example but in practice this condition is never met. Leaders tend to become self serving.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Whatever religion brings you to God is your true religion. I am not talking about cult religions though as they has a hidden agenda.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Dictionary.com gives us two ways to think about "religion"
    #
    1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

Man made religious structures are all the same, they end up in #2. Someone differant is putting on the baloney but it all makes the same sandwitch.
    I'll stick with #1

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Neil Young's new song kind of applys here.. When God Made Me Was he thinkin' about my country Or the color of my skin? Was he thinkin' ' bout my religion And the way I worshipped him? Did he create just me in his image Or every living thing? When God made me Was he planning only for believers Or for those who just have faith? Did he envison all the wars That were fought in his name? Did he say there was only one way To be close to him? When God made me Did he give me the gift of love To say who I could choose When God made me Did he give me the gift of voice So some could silence me Did he give me the gift of vision Not knowing what I might see? Did he give me the gift of compassion to help my fellow man? When God made me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit