Another concern

by lazuli 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Calliope has it right:

Don't marry a JW. There's are so many potential problems that could arise. The worst one being,, what if you have kids and you then realize you don't agree with

the JW religion and he wants to raise the kids as JW's?? Believe me, that is a fight you don't want to be part of. You won't be fighting against your mate, you'll be

fighting against your mate and the entire congregation that he attends. They WILL involve/intrude themselves in your life, wanted or unwanted.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    How hard is hard enough? Doesn't matter, it's never enough.

How true...lol

• tmo1965
    tmo1965
    It will be expected that you would be candid about your past with your future spouse, and if you're not a virgin they will also expect you to take an STD test. And no, I'm not kidding.

What? !!!

• James Free
    James Free

Don't worry about your past. And don't discuss it with members of the cong., even Elders because it could come back to haunt you later. The man you love, if you are not a Witness, is breaking the rules of his religion in marrying you anyway, and has been ever since he first went out with you. They are only allowed to marry other Witnesses. So I guess he's not that strong in the religion himself.

I expect you love him, but remember - you are not just marrying him you are also marrying his religion and it will affect your marriage, guaranteed.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Expect the JW's parents to think of you as a "whore" or a "slut" or a "used up woman" because you decided to have sex before marriage. Every GF of mine gets that stupid treatment from my mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit