UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Hawkaw:

In My Opinion, these statements are too strong:

----------------------------------

"So basically the ones listed on the UN home page have agreed to play by the UN's rules, even though they may not actually be a member of the UN? DO I have it now?

BW (member of the kind of dense class)"

------------------------------

"Not only have you got it right bw but get this ..... the NGO has to solicit the UN and then PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE to the UN."

-------------------------------

I do not equate "sharing ideals" and having a "demonstrated interest in UN issues" with "agreeing to play by UN rules" or "pledging allegiance to the UN".

However, ANY COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIP between "Jehovah's earthly organization" and the "Scarlot-colored Wild Beast" is obviously inappropriate, and actually demonstates that the WTS is not part of Jah's org, but rather is part of the "Great Harlot".

• mikepence
    mikepence

Has anyone emailed the WTS PR people to request a comment on this?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

<"mikepence: Has anyone emailed the WTS PR people to request a comment on this? ">

Speaking just for myself, I have had virtually no contact myself with the Watchtower in over a decade. I am not someone they know or will trust or will talk to, and for me I think it will be a waste of time to contact them.

But there are many on this board, who do have an 'inside track' to the WT and for myself I am deferring to their insight and judgement on whether/when/how an approach to the WT should be made. Very likely these same individuals are following this thread closely, even if they have not posted here.

And I can guarantee you, the WT knows everything in this thread, so they know everything we know. It wouldn't surprise me if the cover-story/coverup is already in the works. It won't work this time.

Run, WT, Run!!!

dungbeetle...roll, roll, roll that dung!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Hawkaw,

thanks for your explanations on Page 4 of
    this topic.

I do believe, in the same line of logic i.e.:

"...The NGO is a prestige thing and not a money thing to combat the ex-jws and governments so they can be recognized as a religion and get the tax breaks.

T"he WTS use it in these human rights cases etc. And I bet the farm the bastards even used it in that stupid Bulgaria case. I bet they used it in that Russian court case this year as well."

Remember that the " Bulgarian affair " which was started by a formal

letter in September 1995, took almost 3 years before it was "spilled"

by the media here in Europe. From the beginning was hotly denied...

" ..all works, deeds, writing and invention of apostates ..."!!!

If anyone insisted , even with " documented evidence " from the

European Court of Humans Rights, in Strasbourg (France), it was

branded as " very weak, instable, ...rebel...and finally you know

it already, YES an APOSTATE !!! I'm sure that the WTS will use the

same tactic here in Europe and in the USA. It took the WTS 5 years

from the beginning of the case and 2 years after the final agreement

with Bulgaria to " inform " - in their own way the R&F, with few

lines on page 24 of the 2000 's Year-book.

db: "the WT knows everything in this thread, so they know everything we know. It wouldn't surprise me if the cover-story/coverup is already in the works. It won't work this time."

I sincerely hope that with the widest PUBLICITY, we are given

in this FORUM, and spreading the information i.e. like

copies of the United Nations web pages concerning the NGO and

the - list - including the WTS, should UNCOVER their hypocrisy!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds
    However, ANY COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIP between "Jehovah's earthly organization" and the "Scarlot-colored Wild Beast" is obviously inappropriate, and actually demonstates that the WTS is not part of Jah's org, but rather is part of the "Great Harlot".

Absolutely!!! After what we've been told through the years, any co-mingling at all, I would have thought would be positively abhorrent to the WTBTS. Guess I was wrong! sheesh. Oh yeah that's right, only they get to change the rules when it suits them. New light clause.... <GAG>

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello MadApostate,

thanks for your contribution to this post, and for

the excellent informations and links that you've given.

I'll - read them all - and comment later.

Thanks also for posting again - I did it at the beginning -

the web pages of the UN concerning the NGO, with all the

INFORMATIONS, so that those with ...great doubts about it

can understand very well what are the implications for any

organisations which REQUEST and BECOMES and NGO's organisation

accepted and listed in the UN DPI ' s list.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

MadApostate:

I do agree with your word of caution, however, affiliation with the UN in this capacity requires more than simply "having a demonstrated interest in UN issues" and "sharing the ideals" of the UN.

From the UN-DPI document:

Since the founding days of the United Nations in San Francisco, NGOs have made valuable contributions to the international community by drawing attention to issues, suggesting ideas and programmes, disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion in support of the UN and its Specialized Agencies. Association with DPI constitutes a commitment to that effect.

and:

In 1968, the Economic and Social Council, by Resolution 1297 (XLIV) of 27 May, called on DPI to associate NGOs, bearing in mind the letter and spirit of its Resolution 1296 (XLIV) of 23 May 1968, which stated that an NGO "...shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities".

The Watchtower Society has undertaken to support the work of the United Nations, and they have made a commitment to mobilize public opinion in support of the UN.

Imho, this constitutes 'playing by the UN's rules' and 'pledging allegiance to the UN'.

TS,

• mikepence
    mikepence

This is truly a smoking gun, a deal with the devil, for JW's.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

To borrow a phrase from someone who is still a Witness...

"They are not the Bride of Christ, they are the Slut of the Devil!!!"

dungbeetle...roll, roll, roll that dung!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

TS:

... however, affiliation with the UN in this capacity requires more than simply "having a demonstrated interest in UN issues" and "sharing the ideals" of the UN.

If you will review the last dozen or so posts, you will see that I was referencing Hawkaw's "bolded" remarks, not every conceivable way an NGO supports the UN.

I just posted the majority of info page from the DPI-NGO webpage, and I Italicized the points you quote, as well as many others.

Overblowing the relationship serves no purpose, except to establish a overreached position which the WTS can later partially knock down, and thus appear somewhat victorious. Since ANY COOPERATIVE RELATIONSHIP condemns the WTS, I feel it is better to take a conservative position. Then, if even more crap surfaces later, so much the better. I would rather my initial position have potential to strengthen, rather than potential to weaken.

I also do not wish this issue to become another RAND/WTS BOMB FACTORY, or a REES CASE GOING TO BE HEARD BY THE USSC JUST ANY DAY NOW, or a CIRCUIT LEASING PROFIT SCHEME, or OTHER similar overblown issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit