UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Wow this is absolutely incredible. This has to be the most hypocritical thing I have EVER seen. How long have they been members?? does anyone know?

Thanks

BW

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Listen I am not a witnes or an exwitness but to this stupid worldly one who has to play the "spin" game all the time - this is absolutely beyond "incredible" from an optics point of view.

Its all starting to make sense now when I go back to some of Metatron's posts on how the WTS is starting to be nice to the UN in some of its magazines.

Its also making sense why the WTS switched from a disfellowshipping offence to a disassociation offence for belonging to a political party etc.

Its also making sense why they allowed alternative service being a conscience issue for those who could serve a hospital but not join the military.

This was all done in the 1990s if memory serves me. And based on this thread and the one on H20 the first nice UN comment started in 1991.

Its just like the blood doctrine. Slowly moving in another direction so the Rank and File wouldn't figure it out.

Unreal and shocking if you ask me. And to think the Rank and File has not had this stuff "roted" in their heads yet. Look out folks!!!

I know Zev wrote or sent an Email to the UN over this issue. Getting that letter from the WTS to the DPI would be a block buster!!! I wonder if I should give them a call. Hmmmmm.....

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well I just phoned the United Nations (NGO section) 212-963-7233 - 1:40pm edst, Sept. 26, 2001.

I got a nice lady to confirm on her database that the WTS is a NGO and that they are fully registered with the NGO. So I guess the internet site is not wrong. She did tell me that they (the WTS) are not part of the United Nations but must agree and support the United Nations policies etc. She did not know exactly what the WTS was doing with for the UN right now as a NGO.

I asked her how long they have been a member? She didn't know and transfered me to a Mr. A. Zabinski (sp?). I had to leave a message. More to follow.

For those who also wish to telephone - you must leave your name, location, telephone number and your interest as to why you want to know. I think they are cautious because the USA named a couple of these groups as Terrorists.

Does anybody want answers to questions? I don't know if they will give me copies of records or not but I will try. I will proceed with caution here and not start a yelling match that the UN got snookered by a "cult".

hawk.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well I just got off the telephone with (2:35 pm edst)

(Note: PLease remember the year "1991" in your heads for the rest of your life when you read this post).

Mr. Oleg Dzioubinski
    Information Officier
    NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    United Nations New York, N.Y. 10017
    Telephone 212-963-1859

He is a busy guy but he did telephone me back. Here is my questions and his answers:

Question: Is the Watchtower a NGO

Answer: Yes

Question: Is there a unique number to identify them?

Answer: No, there are over 1,500 of them.

Question: For how long has the Watchtower been a NGO

Answer: Since 1991

(Pause - did everyone read that - since 1991!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s 1991 !!!!!)

(Pause - Thats 10 f__king years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy $h!t)

Question: What do you have to show to be an NGO

Answer: A variety of things including non-profit status and financial statements plus information showing you will promote and adhere to what the UN does.

Question: What is an NGO and how does it relate to the UN

Answer: NGOs have no status and are not part of the UN. They get information such as pamphlets that promote the UN through the DPI. Then using the pamphlets, they are then suppose to inform people what the UN is doing through various ways such as magazines.

(Pause - Now I know why all the articles in the Awake magazines since 1991. The information in the Awake! was from the DPI on the UN . The WTS used the Awake! Magazine to get the DPI stuff out to it followers)

Question: Some friends of mine are concerned over the Watchtower not saying nice things about the UN. Is this a proble?

Answer: You can criticize the UN. But, we would take offence if they were using the UN name to raise money or they were saying they were a UN organization when they really are not.

Question: Has the WTS received any money from the UN?

Answer: Not that I am aware of.

Question: So what is in it for the WTS if they don’t get any money?

Answer: Well, they are promoting the UN and it helps to show you support the UN in certain areas

(Pause: I just don’t get it - why would the WTS become a NGO with the DPI when they don’t get any money ....hmmm).

He had to go to a meeting so we stopped the call.

Hawk (Who is willing to telephone him back if you guys wany)

p.s - 1991!!!!! - I just can't believe it - 10 years in bed promoting the UN!!!!!!!

• Tina
    Tina

WTG HANK!!! Well done! Since 1991?/!! Boy every little bit of info pulls the puzzle together more and more.
    If you're willing,I sure as hell am very interested to hear more! Thanks again! luv ya,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Well, not to be left out of anything interesting...

I phoned the United Nations (NGO section) 212-963-7233 at 3:30 pm EST, and was transferred to a lovely helpful lady named Isolda Oca at 212-963-1859.

The gist of the conversation was...

1) It is not unusual for organizations that are in disagreements with the United Nations to become an NGO with them. They sometimes can act as liasons between groups in conflict with one another, governments and the UN and they are welcome to be associated with the UN.

2)If any NGO is taking punitive measures against anyone else who wishes to associate with the United Nations, this is a violation of the agreement between the UN and the NGO.

3) If any NGO is taking punitve measures against someone who wants to do alternative military service (as opposed to serve in an armed forces of a country that is a member of the UN) this is a violation of the agreement between the UN and the NGO.

4)I explicitly stated that jehovah's Witness since at least the early 1940's have taken punitive measures against any of its members when they have tried to do alternative service, even when that alternative service was just doing ministry work or their customary secular employment. These punitive measures include but are not limited to: expulsion from the group; mandatory and enforced shunning of that former member by all the other worldwide members of Jehovah's Witnesses, even of close family members living in the same household.
    Aside from having disastrous consequences within the immediate and extended family unit, this also can wreak havoc in a business community as many Jehovah's Witnesses are in business with one another. This can be especially disastrous in a small community whose government is presently engaged in armed conflict with another entitiy.

If this practice can be documented in a letter, and this letter sent with any documentation to the UN, a disassociation proceeding can be iniciated by the Untied Nations. However a good deal of tolerance and leeway is usually shown toward NGO's, and even with proper documentation this procedures takes time and must go through multiple committees.

Which was not really what concerned me...my question was, and it was eloquently answered, that the WT punishing its members for doing alternative service is an explicit violation of their agreement with the UN.

I totally forgot to ask what documentation the Watchtower had given for its application and if it was available for public inspection. Damn!

Never a dull moment...

I have to recheck the address given me specifically to write regarding the Watchtower...will post again later today.

I LOVE this board!!!!

dungbeetle... STILL cleaning up the crap.

• Gozz
    Gozz

The pay gets dirtier...

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Tina, dungbeetle and others,

If you have some questions let me know and I will telephone Mr. Dzioubinski back. Unfortunately he had a meeting to go to so we had to stop the call.

Like I said the WTS has been in the NGO business since 1991.

But oddly, according to Mr. Dzioubinski, the WTS apparently doesn't get any money from the UN for it but must promote the UN through the DPI's literature.

One other thing he told me - the WTS had to submit its financial statement to the UN along with their application along with at least 6 examples of recent material. Their application had to state why they wanted to apply to become a "NGO" and thus become associated with the DPI.

Mr. Dzioubinski really stressed that a NGO is not part of the United Nations. But he did say that NGOs agree to share the DPI information that promotes the United Nations. In this case the WTS would be given literature on "human rights" because that is the catagory they belong too.

Does anybody have a reason why the WTS became a NGO, if is it wasn't for the money? Would it allow them to access areas of Africa or something to promote their literature - was that why they did it?

I did not have time to tell Mr. Dzioubinski that the Watchtower considered the United Nations an evil "scarlet coloured wild beast" etc. As I said before, they do get concerned about NGOs in certain situations but I just don't know how the DPI would feel about this. Seems, based on what you were told, dungbeetle, the WTS could be in a lot of hot water.

Dungbeetle et. al. - lets get some questions together on this board and give them a call tomorrow or if any one else wants to phone feel free!!!!! Once we get enough information together we can write another letter or we can get the master letter writer, Zev, to write them.

I hope to hell Kent and Randy are paying attention to all of this and keeping their web site front pages right on this issue.

Are you guys reading this (Kent and Randy) - they have been in the business as an NGO since 1991 - 10 F___ing years.

We gotta get this out

hawk

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I had time to tell the lovely Ms Oca about the 'disgusting thing standing in the holy place' and that's what led to the comment number one in that post of mine.

I would love to have asked more questions, but to be honest, my hands were shaking and I was choking up and couldn't really talk anymore. 27 years in and around this organization, and this is what we find out. At the very least I want to let the public know what the JW idea of political neutrality is.

I would love to know why the WT has hid this info from their people if it's okay to do this thing.

The fun part is going to be documenting JW's being DA'd or DF'd for alternative service. I believe that in Greece JW's do not do alternative service. Anybody know anybody in Greece.

My email is not locked hawkaw.

dungbeetle... STILL cleaning up the crap.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Hawk,

Your ability to express your emotions is loosening up, son.

Does anybody have a reason why the WTS became a NGO is it wasn't for the money? Would it allow them to access areas of Africa or something to promote their literature?

My husband & I have pondered on that specific issue.....why? Our guesses:

1. Political clout for being recognized as a legitimate religious organization in a foreign country - ie: Bulgaria, etc.

2. Power to speak on an even keel with legislators in government, such as lobbying for special interests.

3. Inside information such as: "Hey, it's ok to talk with me, I'm associated with the United Nations too." Sounds so much better than saying "Hey, it's ok to talk with me, I'm sleeping with the Image of the Beast in Revelation too."

As is being brought out more and more - it's quite obvious that the WTBTS wants to go mainstream with all the benefits - they just don't want their followers to be alert to what's going on. I've been out only a year, read most of the WT & Awakes! and I didn't see what they were doing. Upon re-reading some of the Awake! articles on the UN, I remember thinking the first time I read them "Finally! They aren't damning someone." That did get old.

WTBTS an accepted United Nations' NGO since 1991......FOUR years before 1995 (change in generation doctrine.) About the same time frame as Patterson Complex. Before the changes in military service, blood doctrine, voting, about the time of Swaggart etal, going total donation system in some major countries, etc.

Well planned game put forth. Too bad we didn't know we were players.

*sigh* sometimes I just get tired of having been played for a fool. Ya know? If you've been through a divorce, and had found out enough dirt, at some point, you just seem to say "Enough. I was screwed. I'm tired of finding out just how many new ways and times."

But this is crucial information, imho. Even though there are thousands who now recognize the WTBTS for what it is - a malicious business enterprise, there are many millions of followers who think the WTBTS is the "Only Channel of God to Mankind "(WTBTS' self-designated title for themselves.)

And more millions to become followers in their ignorance.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit