UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• alamb
    alamb

I sent the information along with sufficient quotes from WTBTS publications to all the major religion editors in Utah. I will send links to any articles that come of it. I am also phoning to keep on top of the issues and give a personal note to things.

Let's get this thing some attention, before they come up with an "explanation".

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

to make sure that it's not

missed by anyone I'm posting again my observations

concerning the "Guardian's " article on UN/NGO'S and

the WTBS:

"Hello comment,

thanks for your post and your opinion

on the Guardian's article. In mho,I do agree with Simon's

comment :

"I thought it was a great article. I know a lot of witnesses who would never dream of visiting an 'apostate' site or any literature etc... but any article in the newspaper about them would be read - they couldn't resist.
    It maybe the first thing that gets them thinking. I think it is an excellent article.

- Simon"

You see, although the article presents some " technical/wordings"

mistakes - for a JW - you must admit that the value of the publicity

given by - an impartial media , of the British Press , cannot be

underestimated. Reading such topic - U.N./NGO'S and WTBS -

from a FORUM, labelled " ...apostate " is one thing, reading, even

the same information, on a major British newspaper IS a REALLY

different matter.

Thanks again for your comments. Btw , it for this reason that I

did post all the links and the article on the main "UN/NGO's/WTBS"

thread. "

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. I hope that some others newspapers,
    in Europe, will soon publish an
    article on the same subject.

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• fodeja
    fodeja
    P.S. I hope that some others newspapers,
    in Europe, will soon publish an
    article on the same subject.

Mac, I actually consider it a small miracle that just _one_ newspaper has a story on this, and a fairly accurate one (we all know that JW terminology is intricate and not well understood by outsiders). The entire thing may be a great story for ex-JWs, but I presume that even persons with a good measure of interest in religious matters will read this, shrug their shoulders, take a sip from their cuppa tea and turn to the sports pages, forgetting everything in the process.

The real value of this is its effect on active JWs. If other papers should publish similar stories (which seems unlikely to me), those articles will probably contain a lot more inaccuracies. There aren't so many newspapers out there with ex-JWs (or people with good connections to ex-JWs) on their staff. As "comment" pointed out in another thread, even seemingly small inaccuracies will damage the credibility of the entire issue in the minds of the Dubs.
    Well, just my thoughts. We'll see what happens.

f.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Everyone,

thanks for your post.

Fodeja: "..Mac, I actually consider it a small miracle that just _one_ newspaper has a story on this, and a fairly accurate one (we all know that JW terminology is intricate and not well understood by outsiders). " I do agree with you, and I hope in more article in
    the future.

Alamb: Thanks for the publicity. It'll produce, at least,
    more publicity to the subject.

Mommy: Thanks for posting your experience. I'm sure that
    many will surprised concerning your conversation with
    " ..the man from Broklyn.."! Great.

Seaken2001: To receive more information(libray use) you have
    to be a registered NGO. As for the news in India the point
    was that some of the foreign fund were used for proselytism
    about the Christian faith...something that I suppose has to
    be DECLARED before to the authorities.

Detective: Thanks for the information and the link.
    It will be used!

TweetieBirdAtWork: Thanks for your appreciative comments!

HawKaw: I hope that everything goes well. I'm looking
    forward to recive some other interesting points!
    Thanks a lot.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

as it is related to this matter

I'm posting my comments to Waiting:

"Hello Wating,
    thanks for the post. Just a brief clarification:

"...Zev was the primary one to start writing about it in length - and Zev is a Jehovah's Witness in Good Standing last I saw.

Zev was shellshocked by what he learned because he didn't discover it in actuality - Kent and some others found it out (but I don't think it had been "explored" yet.)

So......you can truthfully tell your mom that a JW in good standing researched this information."

1- Kent posted the link

2- I wrote the first " analysis " of the various parts
    in the United Nations web site, with many WTBS quotes
    abouth the " disgusting thing..." and the " scarlet-colored
    image of the beast " etc.

3- Zev, wrote the first letter to the U.N., using the
    the " analysis" and the quotes. He also posted the
    informations on the H2o forum.

4- You and I and another - 200 poster - contributed
    with porecious time and efforts and great desire
    to give quotes, links,informations and personal comments.

As it stands today the thread has 18 pages, has been
    read over 14,000 times, with 353 official posts. If
    printed it would require more than 325 pages to contain
    everything (as it appears on the board).
    But, most important it is helping to uncover LIES, DECEIT
    and HYPOCRISY , on the part of the WTBS' organisations ,
    to millions of people worldwide.

I wish to end with my thanks for you excellent comments,
    that I do read with great pleasure.

All the best to you and the others,

P.S. Here I can add: it is a TEAM's WORK!!!

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello MacHislopp:

I've been following this thread for a week now and each time I started reading I kept thinking the same thing...of how impressed I am with how this thread was developing.

I just wanted to say a personal thanks for all the hard work you did to provide this information for us all and to everyone searching out the websites, creating letters, contacting the UN and guiding all of us. Everyone was so careful to get the exact wording right, so there can be no excuses to get around this one. No one can point the finger and say it was a lie. This is a biggie!!! If anything can do damage to the WTS, this can.

Its almost sad that lives ruined through pedophilia, and lives lost through a ban on blood transfusions won't budge many diehard JWs, but seeing the WTS hold hands with the UN will affect some to the point of leaving. Strange isn't it? But....whatever works to start opening a few more eyes...the better.

Thank you again MacHislopp for how you handled this whole thread with such gracious acknowledgement of everyone's contribution. What a tribute to your humility.

I have read every post even though I haven't had the time to do anything concrete with it yet. I have it saved so hopefully I can use it with my still active JW family.

I am so happy to say though that this was the last straw for my dearest friend who was still holding onto the hope that God will step in to straighten out all the things she had already been learning about the WTS. Once she heard this, her faith that this is God's organization is gone.

So, here's to you and everyone who contributed to the exposure of this farce. Kudo's on a job well done.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Detective ---

Sorry about calling you "Investigator" over on your other post.

I'm making this whole thing available to a reporter with one of the major newspapers here in Oregon. The individual happens to be a friend of mine.

Hopefully, there will be interest shown.

LoneWolf

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mad Apostate,

I am back for a bit then I will be out until about 10:00 am.

How did Ms. Oca repsond was your question?

Based on my notes I told Ms. Oca that Mr. W.L. Barry, former Governing Body member died in 1999.

Ms. Oca was stunned and said "uh?" and then silence. She indicated that she did not know this and was surprised some guy from Canada did.

Then I asked her if there was another contact name and telephone number. She provided Ciro's name (Writing Department dude). I then asked for his telephone number which she provided and I posted.

She seemed taken back that I knew this and she didn't. She went on at length that there would be a meeting next week (which happened last week) with DPI staff including Paul Hoeffel, Chief. The meeting would discuss the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York as an "associate" NGO with DPI.

End of conversation

Of course, I now know after talking to Ms. Oca last week that DPI held their meeting last week and decided to investigate the Watchtower. (Note to readers - iF you got information - send it to DPI).

Getting more information from DPI will be difficult during this United Nations' investigation because they want to complete their investigation first and then disclose the facts. However, I am going to attempt to contact Paul Hoeffel and if necesssary the Under Sec.'s office to try and get them to send me a letter over this issue.

I know we have my information and now the newpaper confirms a lot of my facts (eg. 1991) but I will see if I can get more.

Hope this helps Mad Apostate

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Message for Everyone,

This morning I am starting to go one level above Ms. Isolda Oca, Public Informations Officer with DPI.

This morning I contacted the office of Mr. Paul Hoeffel, Chief of the NGO section at the Department of Information. Unfortunately he was not in until tomorrow but I did leave my location and telephone number with is assistant.

My purpose is to attempt to get "general" and already "known" information from DPI in writing with the UN logo. At this point you have my verbal information plus you have a newspaper article plus you can telephone DPI yourself. But at this point Ms. Oca will not provide anything in writing to me as per her management's directions since an investigation is underway.

This may help in your presentation to some "troubled" witnesses, if I can get something with the UN's logo on it. Other information that is on the application form will not be released due to the Investigation that Hoeffel's group launched last week.

Mr. Hoeffel will be in tomorrow, October 10, 2001. I will update all of you tomorrow on what I can get.

I can also assure you that many, and I repeat many letters and Emails and phone calls have hit DPI over this issue. They are seriously looking into it or they would not have launched a review of the WTS.

If Mr. Hoeffel refuses to help I will then go up higher.

hawk

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

good lord this has a lot of posts dosent it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit