Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons

by Elsewhere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LMAO... this guy is so stupid. People in Iran have been publishing anti-semitic cartoons for decades... why would people get pissed now?

Watching this guy is like watching some joker moron who somehow managed to get into a position of power far beyond his intellectual capacity.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FCE073DD-7F1B-4714-95F0-DD1F354F1D9A.htm

Iran paper plans Holocaust cartoons by
    Monday 06 February 2006 4:36 PM GMT
    Ahmadinejad says the slaughter of Europe's Jews is 'a myth'

Iran's largest selling newspaper has announced it is holding a contest on cartoons of the Holocaust in response to the publishing in European papers of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

"It will be an international cartoon contest about the Holocaust," Farid Mortazavi, the graphics editor for Hamshahri newspaper, which is published by Tehran's conservative-run municipality, said on Monday.

He said the plan was to turn the tables on the assertion that newspapers can print offensive material in the name of freedom of expression.

"The Western papers printed these sacrilegious cartoons on the pretext of freedom of expression, so let's see if they mean what they say and also print these Holocaust cartoons," he asserted.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionist historians, who maintain the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as well as other groups during World War II has been either invented or exaggerated.

Systematic slaughter

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's hardline president, prompted international anger when he dismissed the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.

Mortazavi said Tuesday's edition of the paper will invite cartoonists to enter the competition, with "private individuals" offering gold coins to the best 12 artists - the same number of cartoons that appeared in the conservative Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.

Last week the Iranian Foreign Ministry also invited Tony Blair, the British prime minister, to Tehran to take part in a planned conference on the Holocaust, even though the idea has been branded by Blair as "shocking, ridiculous, stupid".

Blair also said Ahmadinejad "should come and see the evidence of the Holocaust himself in the countries of Europe", to which Iran responded by saying it was willing to send a team of "independent investigators".

AFP
    By

You can find this article at:
    http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FCE073DD-7F1B-4714-95F0-DD1F354F1D9A.htm

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

And yet militant Muslims get upset and burn down embassies when cartoons of their beloved Mohammed are published. The irony of it all! Oh, I see. I should have read the article first before responding. It's in retaliation for the Mohammed cartoon. Anti-semitic cartoons once belonged mainly to the Nazis and white supremacist groups. I guess not anymore.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

This is the behaviour of school bullies.

Reasonable people look on in disbelief that such ignorant dumbarses get to run a country.

War is the inevitable out come of such words and actions.

When are these people going to GROW UP!!

Really

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Watching this guy is like watching some joker moron who somehow managed to get into a position of power far beyond his intellectual capacity. --------------------------------------------------------------- unfortunately, our side isn't much better. -silent

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    unfortunately, our side isn't much better. -silent

Sad but true.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think the person that made those cartoons was a Jew, so why are they trying to punish them for it? Fiddling with the holocaust is calculated to upset the Jews.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

So, let me see if I have this straight.

An offensive cartoon in a Western paper justifies rioting and burning western embassies. So, does this mean that an offensive cartoon in an Arab paper justifies rioting and burning arab embassies?

Have you ever heard the saying that when someone calls you an idiot, it's better to say nothing and let them wonder, rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt? That's exactly what we have here. The Danish cartoon was lampooning violence in the name of religion. So, the Arab response is to commit more violence in the name of religion.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Danish cartoon was lampooning violence in the name of religion. So, the Arab response is to commit more violence in the name of religion.

• undercover
    undercover
    The Danish cartoon was lampooning violence in the name of religion. So, the Arab response is to commit more violence in the name of religion.

That pretty well sums it up.

• LDH
    LDH
    Fiddling with the holocaust is calculated to upset the Jews.

Of course. The Jews had nothing to do with publishing these cartoons. I smell a bomb in the not too distant future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit