To all the Newbies.....Welcome!!

by Gill 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

I just read the thread on 'double lifers' and 'still in JWs'.

First I just want to say Welcome to all you newbies and 'hello' to all you readers who still haven't got up the courage to join JWD and post yet. We look forward to hearing from you.

I found the above thread very sad. There are so many young JWs especially held captive in the JW religion, by fear of shunning, and so many older ones trapped for the same reason.

All I can say in comfort is 'Hold on to your own mind and thoughts now. Mentally you are free and they can never take you back again. But freedom costs, so you must maintain your cool and bide your time. Your day will come.

We are all here to help you, and if there's any help, advice or suggestions we can give, just ask. Many of us are in exactly the same boat as you Newbies or have been. The 'have beens' can offer hope to you. Sometimes it must seem that just one more meeting will be the last straw. Develop a furious headache!! Just hold onto you NWT and study mags and offer to study in your bedroom when you head ache eases. '

Whatever you do, don't give up. The Watchtower will, in time, fall. The most unlikeliest people discover the 'truth about the truth' and walk.

You will all be free....in time, and again......WELCOME!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Gill

106 y 1 m 7 d

Tell us what Russel was really like.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome newbs! seriously, when you are good and ready, feel free to join up in the discussions. it's a rough road, but totally worth it. i promise.

ts

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's nice to see so many new members coming to the forum, no doubt they bring many useful ideas with them. And like so many others before they can be encouraged and helped by other members to defeat the cult.

• unique1
    unique1

I second all of that. WELCOME!!

• wombat
    wombat

A young ex-witness told me of the night that the committee disfellowshipped him.

After the meeting, he sat in his car for over an hour.His feeling of extreme happiness and relief was overwhelming. He told me that he wanted to hold that feeling for as long as he could.

He also mentioned that since leaving, his life has been full of blessings, personal and financial, the opposite to what the WTS had taught him.

Mind you, he had to make a strong stand against family pressure. But it more than paid off.

This is a true story. Maybe one day he will post here.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

alt

C'mon in. If you have questions, odds are you aren't the first to ask them.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• TheListener
    TheListener

When you have doubts about the WTS and don't know where to turn - we are here for you.

Anonymity a concern? Worried that you'll be found out and DF/DA or your family will cut off contact with you?

The you can turn here. We accept each other for what we are - people. Each with a different personality and a different take on things.

What we all have in common is welcoming you new ones to the forum.

Our opinions don't always agree, but we do agree with the right to express them.

Welcome new ones, I hope you find this place as welcoming as I have.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Welcome to all of you. You will find true friendship here

• Gynesz
    Gynesz

Thank you. Also thanks to my brother, Muffinman, for showing me this forum.

I'm just waiting for the time when I can leave JW's and stay as far away as possible from "kingdom halls" and any of the JW nonsense.

:\

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit