can i ask

by KW13 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• KW13
    KW13

yo people, a question... Witnesses are studying the Daniel book and i wanted to know if i can prove any of the prophecy in there is wrong, for example what book or resource can i prove 607bce is wrong.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Go to the library and look of the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians. About any Biblical Scholar will show that it took place in 586-587 BCE How the Society came up with 607 is a mystery to me.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

there is a lot of information on the internet.

this one is a good example: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/gentile1.htm

there are also a lot of older threads about this.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Read the chapter on Nebuchadnezza's dream about the tree, and notice how no scriptural reason is given to applying the seven times to anything other than what Daniels says: 'it is it is you, O king' Then discover that 606 was originally used as the date of Jerusalem's destruction because they didnt realise there was no year zero, and instead of moving 1914 they moved a historical date making it now 607bc. This shows they had to protect the date 1914 at all costs as their whole belief structure would fall, such as Jesus selecting the Bible Students in 1918 (despite many now discarded belief's and dates). Check secular history as to what date it shows for Jerusalem's destruction (temple) and it will consistantly be 586/7bc.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you want a good laugh, get the book for yourself. According to them, nearly every word of Daniel's prophecy is related somehow to modern-day Jehovah's Witnesses. The restoration of Israel, for instance, is firmly ignored.

If you are unfamiliar how JW literature is written, their style is fluff-fluff-fluff-whopper. This isn't an accident. A sleepy reader will be nodding yes, yes, yes before the whopper is thrown in. Before he knows it, the reader is nodding along with everyone else. Or nodding off. So look to the end for the juicy chapters.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Jer 29 and Ezekiel 40 (or 41 don't remember) shows that Exile to babilon started before destruction of Jerusalem ATLEAST by 10 yars (actually about 20 years).
    Read final chapter(s) of 2nd Chronicles and 2nd Kings, there you can restore the events and timeline. And you will get that
    70Years started with Nebukanezzar invasion into Judea in 606 BC (Jer 25), Jerusalem was destroyed 19 years later and as Prophets told - left such until 70years were fulfilled. Jerusalem indeed was destroyed until end of 70 year period whichs started 20 years before destruction of Jerusalem itself (with 2 sieges before it) And 2 waves of Exile. About Waves read Jeremia!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The 607 issues is worth considering, but to me there is an even more important issue regarding their interpretation:
    WHY IS THE TREE IN DANIEL CHAPETER 4 SEEN AS SOMETHING BEYOND NEBUCHADNEZZAR?
    They have an explanation for this, but it is not the strongest reasoning. Historically NOBODY EXCEPT FOR A FEW QUACKS have looked to this scritpure as fullfillment of any sort of "Bible Chronology". Instead their interpretation is a creative spasm that has blossemed into a weak interpretation of a very basic Bible account.
    I find it amazing that Daniel himself GIVEN REVELATION FROM GOD didn't say the tree stood for anything but Nebuchadnezzar, but somehow the Watchtower says that it can.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I would bring up the basis for the ORIGINAL calculation of 1914, the measurement of the Pyramid walls of Giza. Prepare to see the stunned expressions on the faces of the dubs as they learn that CT Russell was a pyramidologist!! This was in 1891, I believe long before the watchtower pulled out the old 607 turd.

"Celebrated Watchtower Scholars" have been polishing the 607 turd for decades now, despite it historical accuracy being proven wrong again and again by real scholars.

• IP_SEC
  • KW13
    KW13

Well its been an interesting evening. Firstly thank-you for your links and comments, they have helped. As for me i quoted and even dug out Encarta, Britannica and other websites that SAY 586/7 NOT 607. Mum so far is a bit overwhelmed but i can see she is wondering why other references (all others) disagree with the Daniel Book. (published by the WBT not the bible book) Now please i ask that someone helps me complete my arguement, my mum has seen for herself lies, but she still is confused on the 70 years part...anyone want to help me and her by typing this clearly and simply? i have read others listed but mainly its about proving the destruction of the temple and my brain is going numb. To be honest i have prayed that God help me with this situation, and that any agenda other than his doesn't take over the whole discussion. Please, help. Regards KW13 (Karl)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit