When he said let us make Man in Our image?

by mydiscounts 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mydiscounts
    mydiscounts

Who was he really talking to, I know JWS believe it was Jesus but it has puzzled me my whole life because I believed Jesus had to have had a mother.

If he is saying let us make mankind in our image he then created two different beings a man and a woman, where does the image of the woman come from, how, why and from whose image are woman from, her body shape, voice sounding softer, and so on?.

Sure I understand the whole rib thing but it goes to reason that there had to be some other being besides Jesus he was speaking to, other wise mans companion would have naturally been another man, because the image of Jesus is a man and the image of god is also manly.

Can someone give their views? Questions your not allow to ask the JWS and get a straight answer because the light is not bright enough yet.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Who was he really talking to, I know JWS believe it was Jesus but it has puzzled me my whole life because I believed Jesus had to have had a mother.

The jews had polytheistic pantheon traditions. Yhwh did have a wife in those traditions. Later the major gods were condensed (not very convincingly) into one god. The rest of the pantheon were relegated to demons and angels.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Can someone give their views?

"he" wasn't talking to anyone. - *man* was talking to *himself*... singing the blues and saying:

"let us make a God in our image. let us make a Devil in our image. Amen to me. he he he..."

TS

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    "he" wasn't talking to anyone. - *man* was talking to *himself*... singing the blues and saying:

"let us make a God in our image. let us make a Devil in our image. Amen to me. he he he..."

In a nutshell, exactly.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Some believe aliens!

• Shazard
    Shazard

Preincarnate Jesus as God is triune, so what so bad about God to talk to himself? Why people imagine that God is like man? And when he acts as he is not, people scream - it can't be coz, it can't be ever!

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

That scripture supports the Trinity doctrine. 1 God in 3 persons. God begats God. I look at as Jesus being a clone of God. God in the person of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all played a role in the creation.

"In the beginning God created teh heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." (Gen. 1:1-2)

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

That's an easy one

He was talking to "My precious"'

We wants it!!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Jesus of course

• Carmel
    Carmel

The mysteries of the greater world, or macrocosm, are expressed or revealed in the lesser world, the microcosm. The tree, so to speak, is the greater world, and the seed in its relation to the tree is the lesser world. But the whole of the great tree is potentially latent and hidden in the little seed. When this seed is planted and cultivated, the tree is revealed. Likewise, the greater world, the macrocosm, is latent and miniatured in the lesser world, or microcosm, of man. This constitutes the universality or perfection of virtues potential in mankind. Therefore, it is said that man has been created in the image and likeness of God.

The truth is that all mankind are the creatures and servants of one God, and in His estimate all are human. Man is a generic term applying to all humanity. The biblical statement "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" does not mean that woman was not created. The image and likeness of God apply to her as well. In Persian and Arabic there are two distinct words translated into English as man: one meaning man and woman collectively, the other distinguishing man as male from woman the female. The first word and its pronoun are generic, collective; the other is restricted to the male. This is the same in Hebrew.

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 76)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit