I just sent my JW family packing

by unbeliever 30 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

The way they see it, your're going to be dead at Armageddon anyway. They might have to wait until you're officially dead to move into your house, but they can pick your pockets now. I wish I could be so lucky and have some JW relatives to put up for a weekend. What fun I would have with them.

peace,

Moshe

• Purza
    Purza

Wow -- what nerve they had. I was never like that when I was a JW and quite honestly I never knew any JWs like that (that I can think of at this moment). I am happy to hear you stood your ground. Good for you.

Purza

• Highlander
    Highlander

Wow, reading about these 'exeriences' never cease to amaze me. It reminded me of a recent phone call from my brother. Now keep in mind, this phone call was nothing

compared to what you went through however it did surprise me as it was my brother. I live far from my family and it is usually myself that spends the money to visit them,,,

only once in almost three years have I had a visit from my family. My bro calls me and lets me know he wants to visit this spring or summer. I ofcourse thought that is

a great idea as I cannot continue to afford visiting them twice a year or more. During this conversation he reminds me that when I visit I stay for free at mom and dad's house or

even at my bro's house. Following that point he then reminds me that my apartment isn't big enough for him and his wife to stay and that I should put them up in a hotel.

I told him he's welcome to stay here, or he can get his OWN hotel room. He didn't pursue the issue after that,, Personally I think he was 'testing the waters' to see

what he could get out of me.

It did piss me off, but I let it slide as he did not pursue the free hotel room once I made my position clear.

In the end I wasn't all the surprised about his proposal,, Between myself, my sister and my brother,,, my bro is the one that is the 'strong spiritual' one so it only seems fitting he

would play the part of the typical spiritual witness.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Oh this reminds me of when my sister insisted that I let my JW niece and her husband stay with me and my kids for a week. I was still a JW at the time, I was moving and they were supposed to come about a month after our move, which I figured would be OK and would give me enough time to get unpacked and settled. All of a sudden my sister calls and tells me that the neice and her husband needed to change their plans and that they would be coming the day after we moved! I was horrified and I told my sister it wouldn't work but she kept telling me how they would be no problem and that they would help me and stuff. Then, it turns out they brought my nieces' husband's niece and nephew so there was four of them in my two bedroom condominium with me and my two sons. It turned out to be a nightmare. They were all sleeping in my living room and my house was trashed the whole week they were here. I was exhausted and I had to go back to work on Monday. They made a huge mess, didn't help me at all and when I would get home from work they would be laying around with my living room and kitchen in shambles, with dishes piled high and they would expect me to make dinner for them. I was furious and I thought it was the rudest thing for my sister to talk me into that. I would never think of asking someone if I could stay with them right after a move.

NowImFree

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WAAAYYYY TO GO GIRL

Nothing like sticking up for yourself and refusing to be taken advantage of. Well done!

• greendawn
    greendawn

What a cheek they had, they really know how to exploit people, choosing an expensive restaurant and expecting you alone to pay the very large bill. As if it's not enough that you were saving them hotel expenses. To me they are too tight to be spiritual, as they claim to be.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The most offensive thing my JW relatives have done is to shun me, but find it fine and dandy to write and demand, in an ugly way, money they thought I owed them. Then turn around and tell me that if I don't stop writing, they will change cell numbers, phone numbers, e-mail addresses. And they won't contact me even if someone is dying or dead.

But, *evil laughter*, I know where they live.

• deeskis
    deeskis

phew!

that's pure passive fullon aggression.

you can choose you're friends, but can't choose your relatives.

Does your mother know what they're like, or is it all going to land on you?!

you did well standing up for yourselfs, what a nerve some people have.

D

• bebu
    bebu

Unbeliever, you were great! I cannot believe that they presumed upon you like that. I have never had anyone visit us (and we've had tons of visitors) expect us to take them out to fancy restaurants. In fact, it is actually more proper for the ones being given hospitality to offer to take their host out to dinner, as a way to say thank you. (It is not expected, of course, but it is not uncommon.)

Then turn around and tell me that if I don't stop writing, they will change cell numbers, phone numbers, e-mail addresses. And they won't contact me even if someone is dying or dead.

FHN, why not keep those compassionate folks busy? You know how irritating and time-consuming changing those numbers can be...

But, *evil laughter*, I know where they live.

LOL, they will have to MOVE.

bebu

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    The way they see it, your're going to be dead at Armageddon anyway. They might have to wait until you're officially dead to move into your house, but they can pick your pockets now.

Exactly!! By the way they acted I could tell they wanted my lifestyle. The thing is I have had to work my ass off to get where I am. I work 12 hour days, weekends even to get ahead in my career. You cannot be a pioneer and work part time and have the things I do so I guess why not try and get as much from me as possible. I wasn't going to have it. I am sure the most greedy cousin has called first dibs on my house after armageddon.

Does your mother know what they're like, or is it all going to land on you?!

I don't think she knows what they are like. Mom can be a peice of work sometimes but noway she would expect me to pay for a $400 dinner. What I think will happen is they will tell her some twisted version of events and mom will call me up to chew me out for whatever transgression they accuse me of then I will tell her what really happened. Then I will be pissed for her not asking my side before chewing me out then I will not talk to her for weeks. Then she will be calling me apologising and trying to make things right with me. To prevent this little scenario i am going to call her before they do and let her know how they took advantage of me. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit