Blood/Big News article

by skyman 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    no its not inconsistent genesis 9;4 leviticus 7;26 levitcus 17;13 leviticus 17;14 1st chronicles 11;19 acts15;20 acts 15;29 .i think he ahs made it pretty clear.need more?

You need to read the scriptures contextually to understand the true meaning of these verses. The predominant religious practices of the day involved the drinking of blood, sacrificing of humans and other abominable rituals. You can see why God informed his people to "abstain from blood' on many different levels. Pagan worship was directly involved with anything having to do with blood during that time. Plus, drinking blood is simply not healthy. God telling his people to not eat blood is like a parent telling a child not to drink poison.

Fast forward to today. What does using medical technology utilizing blood fractions in order to save lives have any thing to do with the issues above? Again, going back to the parent-child analogy, a parent can tell a child to stay out of the water because the waves are high and there are sharks present. Does that mean that the child must stay out of water under all circumstances for the rest of the child's life? Does that mean he can't even go to the swimming pool just because he was told to stay out of the water?

It's clear that the scriptures you cited state what God's position is on abstaining from blood. The question you haven't asked yourself is, why? Once you answer that question, you will see that it has nothing to do with the modern day blood transfusion.

• ezra
    ezra

you are speaking of 2 different issues which would you like to discuss first

• Bryan
    Bryan

Thanks Ezra,

I'd love you to make me out as a liar.

Where in the Bible does it say that you can't have a blood transfussion of whole blood and where does it state that you can have a transfussion of blood fractions?

Many Thanks,

Bryan

• TD
    TD

you are speaking of 2 different issues which would you like to discuss first
    As are you, Ezra. The transfusion of blood and the consumption of blood are two different issues unless you can establish equivalency between them. Can you?
  • Clam
    Clam

It clearly states in Acts 21:25

"...But as for the gentiles who have become believers, we have sent them a letter telling them we decided that they must not eat any food that has been offered to idols, or the primary components of blood—namely red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma. However fractions of all primary components are permitted. Having said that, when it comes to fractions of any of the primary components, each Christian, after careful and prayerful meditation, must conscientiously decide for himself. “

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    no its not inconsistent genesis 9;4 leviticus 7;26 levitcus 17;13 leviticus 17;14 1st chronicles 11;19 acts15;20 acts 15;29 .i think he ahs made it pretty clear.need more?

Ezra,

Just curious: Are you one of those JWs who equates eating blood to transfusing blood? Have you ever used the analogy of an alcoholic being told to abstain from alcohol?

If so, do you know the difference between grinding up a Big Mac and shooting it into your veins versus chewing it and swallowing it? Alcohol doesn't digest. It is not a food.

Blood is a food when consumed orally, its protiens and components are broken down by digestion. In other words, when blood is ingested it becomes something other than blood, when it is transfused is remains blood. Its nature is never changed by transfusion, only its location is changed. The Bible never speaks about what should happen to blood in any context other than as an ingested food or in preparation of meat for consumption.

A dietary proscription is costing lives every year, how does that show respect for life? This policy kills people who didn't need to die. This policy destroys human potential. This policy is evil in every sense of the word, and God had NOTHING to do with it. I hope you wake up. They are pitiable and poor and blind and naked, these men who have elevated themselves to a position of intercessor between you and God and have relegated Jesus to the "lofty" position of prayer carrier. They say you have as your head, high priest and ruler, a person to whom you cannot even talk. (1 Corinthians 11:3; Hebrews 5)

Very few of them partook before 1935, how do the GB members know who is anointed and who is not? It isn't by means of holy spirit—they say that gift ceased with the death of John, so how do they know? If they decide in ignorance, why do you trust them on anything?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Bryan
    Bryan

lol @ Calm!

Ezra.... (crickets chirping) I'm still waiting for your answer. You said you were ready to give it!

Think of all the lurkers on the fence dying to hear your wise words... perhaps once they see you don't have an answer they'll realize the Watchtower is WRONG!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit