The Chinese torturing cats and dogs by the millions

by greendawn 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's correct, the issue is not that they eat dogs and cats even though this sounds weird to us because we are used to them as being just pets, but of course it's the way they kill them, intentionally killing them in a painful way to improve the flavour of their meat. That is barbaric and unacceptable.

• Latte
    Latte

I'm sat here with one of my lovely cats..............I feel physically sick after watching a few snaps

How can they do that???? Beyond belief that a human can behave that way to help animals.

The amount of 'Made in China' products we have over here is unbelievable really.......and will certainly be AVOIDED from now on!

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I've found some of the replies interesting. I do not condone the "torturing" of animals. In fact I don't like animals to be killed for food at all. But can't you see the selectively thinking eating one sort of animal over another is our own bias? LOL. I mentioned Octupus before, from Wikipedia....

Octopuses are highly intelligent, probably the most intelligent of any of the invertebrates, with their intelligence supposedly comparable to that of the average housecat. Maze and problem-solving experiments show that they have both short- and long-term memory, although their short lifespans limit the amount they can ultimately learn.

An octopus has a highly complex nervous system, only part of which is localized in its brain. Two-thirds of an octopus's neurons are found in the nerve cords of its arms, which have a remarkable amount of autonomy. Octopus arms show a wide variety of complex reflex actions arising on at least three different levels of the nervous system. Some octopuses, such as the mimic octopus, will move their arms in ways that emulate the movements of other sea creatures.
    In laboratory experiments, octopuses can be readily trained to distinguish between different shapes and patterns. They are able to open jars after learning from observation.[1] Octopuses have also been observed in what may be described as play; repeatedly releasing bottles or toys into a circular current in their aquariums and then catching them. Octopuses often break out of their aquariums and sometimes into others in search of food. They have even boarded fishing ships and opened holds to eat crabs.

In many countries, including the United States and the United Kingdom, octopuses are on the list of experimental animals on which surgery may not be performed without anesthesia.

Saying eating one form of animal/seafood over another isn't always accurate. After all they eat horse meat in France, yet most American's would cringe at eating a plate full of "Trigger" or "Mr. Ed".

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Hello, this is CHINA and KOREA where they routinly torture and kill PEOPLE for a million "offenses" anything from shoplifting to expressing any anti goverment opinion or just look at an official wrong!

Yes this is wrong, yes this is terrible, but jesus, PETA needs to get some perspective! Stop torturing PEOPLE first then we'll worry about animals!

• aniron
    aniron
    Hello, this is CHINA and KOREA where they routinly torture and kill PEOPLE for a million "offenses" anything from shoplifting to expressing any anti goverment opinion or just look at an official wrong!

Yes this is wrong, yes this is terrible, but jesus, PETA needs to get some perspective! Stop torturing PEOPLE first then we'll worry about animals!

I agree People in North Korea are starving in some areas, do you think they are worried about a cat or dog, its food!! China executes thousands of prisoners every year. Just a thought will this concern about all the cats, dogs etc. Also apply to all the insects and snakes they eat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit