'Let's see what the Society says about it first.."

by stillAwitness 20 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

...so said my dear 'ol mom after her and my dad made reservations for this year's District Convention and realized that another hotel on the Lodging List had a cheaper rate.

She figured that calling up the previous hotel to cancel was against the Society's rules counsel listed in the KM about making reservations.

So she spends the next 20 minutes looking all over the house for the KM to make sure there are no rules against cancelling a reservation already made with a hotel since "we don't want to bring on reproach on Jehovah's name."

Even my dad got fed up and ended up just calling to cancel but by then the room that they wanted had been booked.

• Odrade
    Odrade

HA! Sounds like my mom.

• Highlander
    Highlander

No offense Stilla,, but your mom is a nutcase.

• lola28
    lola28

LOL they cancelled and lost the other room? Thats great.

lola

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

No offense, but... my god... do these people wait for the 'approved toilet paper' list to come out in the km before wiping their butts? My mom would do the same thing...

J

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Still_A_Witness,

While I used to ask "what would Jesus do?" my mum would ask "what would the Elders say?"

Nowerdays, in light of the $ocietys massive income & huge property holdings, I guess the Brooklyn Bible $cholars spend most of their time asking "what would Donald Trump do in this situation"

cheers, unclebruce

ps: aww watchtower mums are the same the world over .. but hang on perhaps they're right? Perhaps thinking for themselves really is bad? I mean just look what happened the very last time your mum thunk for herself! (she becomed a 'jehovahs witless').

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

No offense taken Highlander. Dear ol' mom bless her heart is missing a few crayons in the box if ya know what I mean.

No offense, but... my god... do these people wait for the 'approved toilet paper' list to come out in the km before wiping their butts? My mom would do the same thing... What a relief to know I'm not the only one with a crazy mom!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Nowerdays, in light of the $ocietys massive income & huge property holdings, I guess the Brooklyn Bible $cholars spend most of their time asking "what would Donald Trump do in this situation"

• Highlander
    Highlander

I guess it's nice that at least your mom has an excuse. 'missing a few crayons'

My mom is quite intelligent, yet you'll find her doing similiar things throughout her life.

• Trojan
    Trojan
    I guess the Brooklyn Bible $cholars spend most of their time asking "what would Donald Trump do in this situation"

Good point unclebruce!

Or how about:

"what would Johnnie Cochran do in our situation?" (http://www.answers.com/topic/johnnie-cochran-lawyer?method=6)

Trojan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit