Your favourite PC games?

by greendawn 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

What are your favourite computer games? I want to buy some so what do you recommend? I think simulation games such as those explaining how ancient civilisations worked are very educational and useful.

• daystar
    daystar

I love all the Star Wars games.

Battlefront I & II (don't bother with I since II is out. Basically the same game, except updated.)

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (A bit older, but still a blast.)

Knights of the Old Republic I & II (both excellent games!)

I recently picked up Doom 3. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm way too careful, so it is moving very slowly for me. But otherwise, I love the game play and the graphics are very cool.

• heathen
    heathen

Everybody is raving about the new warcraft game but it is very demanding on the computer .Personally I like the starcraft game which is not demanding at all . Unreal is also pretty good.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I haven't played computer games since starting a course for work - in fact it's why I haven't been on here much.

I play Unreal Tournament. I've reached a level of unreal tournament where you can almost loose a grasp on reality.

At an advanced stage of playing, you are able to side step and dummy move, and account for the ping to various players.

(their computer extrapolates your movement one way while you dash back the other.)

Sometimes, I can loose all conciousness of the room I'm sitting in and any knowledge of the controls I'm pressing. In hindsite I believe my brain has actually learnt to "interface" with the game directly, so I have no knowledge that there is a keyboard seperating my brains output from the game and a screen seperating my brains input from the game.

Normally when this occurs, I feel my brain "speed up"... it's an amazing if not somewhat scary experience at first.

Right, now you all think I'm weird.

ok.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am addicted to windows Freecell

• poppers
    poppers

Anyone know of any really good pinball games?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Sim City 4

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Like Daystar, I too love Battlefront. Haven't played much else since I purchased Battlefront II. Hey, Daystar, what console are you playing on? I've been considering plugging my X-Box on line and seeing what that game play is like.

• slugga
    slugga

Half life 2

excellent game but over a bit too quickly

• ballistic
    ballistic

p.s. If any of you reach the stage where your brain speeds up in a game like I described above, it's all too easy to stop it because you think you are having an epileptic fit or something like that, but if you can keep your nerve, you can enter a totally new platau of game play. By the way I'm not recomending this if you are indeed actually prone to fits. (my disclaimer)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit