Mothers Rules for Everlasting Life

by Stacey 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacey
    Stacey

ARoarer,

As an adult, I do look back on my childhood. It was a hard time. My mother was very leniant with me also. So this story is not completely 100% true. I was allowed to have some worldly friends. And my mom was so good to me, and treated me very well. I know that she felt bad about me not being like the other kids. I remember coming home from school in tears all the way up to high school even, because I hated being so different. She really felt for me.

All I can say is that I know she was doing what she thought was right. How can I blame her for that? I don't blame her for that. She is out of the JWs too, and I have had some heart to heart discussions with her. She has cried to me and told me she was sorry for raising us this way. All that I could say to her was that I would not have it any different! She thought it was the truth. I am who I am because of my childhood and my formative years. Yes, it was hard. But it's given me some character. It's given me some strength. It's taken me a long time to realize all of that. But I thank my mom for doing what she thought was the right thing. For giving us the ability to think differently. I am not angry at her for any of this.

Dont take it on yourself. Everyone is who they are from their trials and tribluations in life. It's not always a bad thing. You were doing what you thought best. We always have today to do the things we didnt get to do as children. I am loving my life now. And I love my mom very much. I'm sure your children love you too.

Happiness to you,
    Stacey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit