Watchtower officials arrested for spying! (review)

by Atlantis 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

A review of some of the older Watchtower Observer information. The 4 photobucket urls at the bottom of the post will be deleted in 24 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In accord with the "fair use" policies this information is being posted for research and educational purposes only. There were other related pages that also could have been scanned, however we felt this would be sufficient. Several people including Jehovah's Witnesses who are considered in good standing with their congregations, have asked members of this board as well as Randy Watters and myself if the Watchtower Society, or the elders in some of their own congregations would engage in "spying" on them. We felt the information listed below would answer their question. This information does not imply that all Watchtower officials or elders would engage in spying, but does show the extremes that "some" Watchtower officials have gone to in their attempts to find out information about their members and others not even associated. In our efforts to be fair to Jehovah's Witnesses and even to the Watchtower Society, we respectfully request that the moderators here would delete this information after a reasonable amount of time, as it is not being posted here to incite hatred, bias, or bitterness towards anyone. We have relatives that are Jehovah's Witnesses and we don't want them shown bitterness, we want them FREE! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Their magazine the Watchtower May 15th 1998 page 21, reports: "On Sept 26th, in a case from Greece, nine judges of the European courts of human rights, at Strasbourg, unanimously reaffirmed that Jehovah's witnesses come within the definition of known religions, entitled to enjoy freedom of thought, conscience, and belief, and the right to make known their faith"

What we are not told for example, the branch office of the witnesses in Athens, Greece totally abuses this right from its members. Staff from the HQ in Greece set up a video surveillance in a truck, spying on its members, to get evidence as to who, and when, they entertain, and visitors etc, and from this to confront them with the view to forcing them to give explanation of any they did not approve the company of, had association with, be it business, domestic, or social meetings.

Caught red handed the Watchtower staff were arrested by the police and "fined" for invasion of privacy resulting with much publicity in the newspaper. District Attorney Mr Kontaxis said: "this is very serious. . .to threaten and trample all that we call human rights" This incident and others can be read in former governing body member Ray Franz books "Crises of Conscience" and "In search of Christian freedom" (p.-379-382)

Shortly after this incident Jehovah's witnesses carried an article decrying the intolerance of JWs by the Greek Orthodox Church officials who opposed JWs holding a convention at a sports stadium. Above information can be found in paragraphs 3-6 here: http://www.bigwig.net/knots/nightmares/control.htm "Witnesses of Video" is what the front cover of the Athens newspaper displayed to the whole world! Page 1 of 4 http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/Expositor/Spy-1-sss0001.jpg Page 2 of 4 http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/Expositor/Spy-20001.jpg Page 3 of 4 http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/Expositor/Spy-3-d0001.jpg Page 4 of 4 http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/Expositor/Spy-40001.jpg

• wombat
    wombat

Thanks Atlantis....I hope that this gets a good read over the next 24 hours.

It made me nauseous

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thank you wombat!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

I don't see how it would be unfair to leave this information available to everyone who wants to see it, whenever they're ready for it.

• wombat
    wombat

I'm guessing it's because of what happened to Quotes.

Maybe we are all getting paranoid.

But imagine having Elders sitting outside your home in a van with blacked-out windows video taping everything that you are doing.

Greece isn't some third-world country. Last I heard it was pretty civilized. I understand that it goes back a long way.

Anyway, the cops sprung them and they were dealt with.

What an absolutely disgusting religion to do such a thing to it's members.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

GREECE 3 JW'S FORCED ME TO ATTACK AT GUNPOINT BAD PRESS GETTING MORE BAD TRADE UNIONIST'S ALLEGED ASSAILANTS TO PLEAD CASE ON MONDAY
    Macedonian Press Agency, Greece - 20 minutes ago
    ... he was elsewhere at the time of the attack, while Malindretos has claimed that he was forced to attack Polyzogopoulos at gunpoint by three Jehovah's Witnesses. ... The two men accused of assaulting the president of the General Confederation of Employees of Greece (GSEE) Christos Polyzogopoulos appeared before an examining magistrate on Friday were given an extension until Monday to prepare their case.

Nikos Kountardas, 29, and Stelios Malindretos, 41, are accused of attempted homicide, robbery and inflicting obvious damage.

Kountardas has denied the charges, claiming that he was elsewhere at the time of the attack, while Malindretos has claimed that he was forced to attack Polyzogopoulos at gunpoint by three Jehovah's Witnesses. He claimed to be carrying the air-gun and wooden club found on him at the time of his arrest out of fear for his life.

Polyzogopoulos did not recognise Malindretos in a line-up, however, though he could not explain how the man's fingerprints had been found on his car, while he said that Kountardas had features resembling those of a young man that approached him on Tuesday night shortly before he was attacked.

The two men were identified and arrested on the basis of finger prints found on the car Polyzogopoulos was driving when he and his associate professor Savvas Rombolis were attacked by a group of youths, while they were also recognised by eyewitnesses.

• deeskis
    deeskis

That's Greeks oops Witnesses for you.......(only joking, my husband's Greek)

but seriously it doesn't surprise me

In our efforts to be fair to Jehovah's Witnesses and even to the Watchtower Society, we respectfully request that the moderators here would delete this information after a reasonable amount of time, as it is not being posted here to incite hatred, bias, or bitterness towards anyone. We have relatives that are Jehovah's Witnesses and we don't want them shown bitterness, we want them FREE!
    I'm not sure how leaving the info longer would be inciting hatred etc. these sites have lots of people seeking information which should be kept available to them. it could be the authors relatives that are seeking the info, I reckon that's not showing them bitterness, it's helping their path to freedom.
  • wombat
    wombat

Holy Dooley..........If a couple of swarthy JWs with black curly hairs on their chests turn up on your doorstep offering a Watch Tower you'd better take it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    But imagine having Elders sitting outside your home in a van with blacked-out windows video taping everything that you are doing.

The control freaks with a mean streak

Similiar shit like this happened to me here in Bangor Maine back in 2000--2002 all it did is make my case against them to local authorities and now i take precautions that i can't reveal.It's just a matter of time before they pull something stupid again.

You have seen the movie ca early 1970's DEATH WISH?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

This story was reported by Ray Franz in his book, In Search of Christian Freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit