JW convicted pedophile makes calls to witness

by Dogpatch 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• kristyann
    kristyann

All I can say is that I want to puke.

BIG SURPRISE THAT HE'S A RUG CLEANER, by the way. That's pretty rare among JWs, you know.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

And the page is rife with cognitive dissonence-filled posts by JW's.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

OLD ARTICLE ON WIRE AGAIN 10 HOURS AGO

A life still in limbo click for full article

He's made more friends, mostly through his Jehovah's Witness congregation. He's made more money, now working as a supervisor at the rug-cleaning company. And he's looking for a soul mate -- Verse wants to marry a woman and have children. By the end of ... partial excerpt --- "The things I look at losing," Verse said in his living room, his electronic ankle bracelet resting at the top of his shoe, "those are the things that stop anybody from getting in trouble." Religion an outlet Verse talks fast, filling almost every possible gap in the conversation with a word. It's a nervous but friendly energy. He works as many hours as his boss gives him. Some of his free time is spent bowling, but he mostly joins prayer meetings at the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in Bay Point. Since the state prohibits him from knocking on doors to preach with other Jehovah's Witnesses on weekends, he makes telephone calls from the Hall. Verse and Jill Ellison, a friend from the congregation, were cleaning and landscaping at her Bay Point home last month before a party she was throwing for the women in their organization. "I thought I could do some trimming," Ellison told Verse. "And you could do some lifting." Verse makes extra cash shoveling and planting in Ellison's back yard. She met Verse when he moved to town and introduced himself to the congregation. "I didn't know a lot of the details," she said, sweeping the concrete. "I said, 'Well, you know, if the elders think he is spiritually honest, then you give him a chance and act with caution.'" "If I had had young children, I probably wouldn't have had him over." Verse was convicted of adult charges of assaulting four males from 1988 to 1992. He assaulted a 14-year-old when he was 17, a 17-year-old when he was 18, another 14-year-old when he was 19 and a 23-year-old when he was 21. Verse's closest friends and congregation members, Marlin Town, 21, and his wife April, 19, bring their 1-year-old daughter, Kalie, with them whenever they spend time with Verse. Both said it never concerned them at all. "He's just another brother," April Town said. Marlin Town is a roofer preparing for college, and his wife is a full-time mother. They say they don't read newspapers much and saw Verse for the first time when he came to the congregation . "When I first heard about him coming, I went up to him to make him feel welcome," April Town said, juggling Kalie. "That's how it is in our congregation." Marlin Town added, "Everybody's done something. It's hard for anyone to hold grudges." The Kingdom Hall is also where Verse intends to find his wife. With his focus on religion, he is determined not to act on his sexual feelings for men. "The homosexual part of my life is nonexistent," Verse said. "A girl I get involved with will have to be very open. I'm going to be attracted to guys forever, and she needs to understand that." Staying on the program Verse is one of more than 500 parolees placed by judges in the Sexual Offender Commitment Program at Atascadero and Coalinga state hospitals since the program began in 1996. The department has 12 patients who are being considered for the conditional release program that Verse lives under...... CLICK THIS ARTICLE COMMENT BOX AT PAGE BOTTOM ADD YOURS

Reach Bruce Gerstman at 925-952-2670 or by e-mail at [email protected] reporter NEWS TIPS:, call 925-943-8227 (after 8 p.m., call 925-945-4774) [email protected] News tips [email protected] your letter to editor
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek
    JW convicted pedophile makes calls to witness

Convicted what?

Verse was convicted of adult charges of assaulting four males from 1988 to 1992. He assaulted a 14-year-old when he was 17, a 17-year-old when he was 18, another 14-year-old when he was 19 and a 23-year-old when he was 21.

Those do not sound like the actions of a pedophile. They sound like the actions of a frustrated homosexual. I don't see any reason to label him a pedophile.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Since the state prohibits him from knocking on doors to preach with other Jehovah's Witnesses on weekends, he makes telephone calls from the Hall
    "He's just another brother," April Town said.
    "If I had had young children, I probably wouldn't have had him over."
    Verse is one of more than 500 parolees placed by judges in the Sexual Offender Commitment Program
    in his living room, his electronic ankle bracelet resting at the top of his shoe, "those are the things that stop anybody from getting in trouble."
    He assaulted a 14-year-old when he was 17, a 17-year-old when he was 18, another 14-year-old when he was 19

Whatever his dysfunctions are,the worst place for him is the kingdum hell they will mess him up badly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit