Watchtower Society Losing the Information War. What Will Sink the Last Nail

by Rig Boy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This reminds me of my 2 months of bible study last summer, before I got dumped for not just accepting without questioning. Something the PO said stuck in my memory more than anything else.

He spoke of the good old days, conversions, conventions etc. But then he went all sad, and said how nobody joins these days, not for years, no one is interested anymore.

This gave me a real boost, the good guys really are winning. They may keep many from leaving, but there is so much information available they will get very few new recruits, and only lazy people with problems, or no access to books or the web.

• Think
    Think

There is not much talk lately about Jesus Christ and salvation thru HIM.

They are pushing same bandwagon for over hundred years, how WE NEED THEM for salvation, and everybody knows that they are just a MIDDLEMAN with nothing to offer. You can see that, this is mosly LAWYER talk in WRITINGS and if there is any spirit in this Lunacy, it is the spirit of Jack Denial.

The TRUTH ALWAYS WIN. TitaticTower is going NOWHERE.

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

Cash. That is the Aquilles heel. It's true that many are too afraid or brainwashed to think for themselves but despair and anger result in the closing of the wallet. I can't remember the last time I contributed.

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

I disagree. The Watchtower Society of New York has every firm and bank in Wall Street ready to bail them out with their FIAT funny money. No, only information and truth can defeat this tired old cult whore.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

The GB scares the bejesus out of them to read ANY literature....saying it's from the DEVIL.......so many wouldn't even dream of listening...unfortunately

• metatron
    metatron

If you hope for the Watchtower's collapse, then you need to consider:

What does the Watchtower do with fanatics who won't contribute!

That's it in a nutshell. Clearly, cash flow has been dropping ever since the voluntary donation arrangement started.

I wonder, of what value is an organization of ignorant fanatics who will attend and claim lots of hours but won't open their wallets.

We already have seen some surprizing developments - similar to the Soviets leaving east Europe - and I think we'll see

a lot more, based on this single problem.

metatron

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Metatron,
    I was one of those obedient zombies, but then I changed. I do not think there will ever be an entire collapse of the T religion, but it might be relagated to an ultra-specialized faith that only appeals to extremist zealots. As they lose more and more of the broad demographic to the draws of everday Western life, they will get more and more focussed on specific types fo people.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Recruitment interdiction preventing people from joining is our most potent weapon

• calico
    calico
    I'd be interested to know how big a threat people on the "inside" feel the internet is. Are the elders and on up the hierarchy worried? With all the warnings, I'd think they were worried. Do regular pub's feel the threat?

I know of a sister who acts like she is more spiritual than everyone else because she will not have a COMPUTER in her home!

I remember when certain ones acted this way about having a TV--if you got rid of your TV you were so much stronger than everyone else!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    With the proliferation of blogs and forums like this one, ex-JWs writing books and protesting, lawsuits, exposure of abuse, pedophilia, and mind control, what more needs to be done to sink this cult and kill it?

My personal opinion is that we have still only touched the surface of what is hidden. In spite of all the info that has been uncovered I think there is more. It might be things we have no idea ofyet. But I suspect it has to do more with piecing together many of the things we have only hints of. More and more people are leaving all the time and those who had access to anything the WTS has been trying to hide are taking it out with them. It can't stay hidden forever.

Do the ex-Jehovah's Witness have enough momentum to destroy any remaining credibility the Watchtower Society has, or perhaps, bankrupt it?

I don't think it is about momentum. It's more a matter of the drip drip drip of the leaky faucet that will slowly erode the foundations of credibility they have set up in the minds of JWs. Look at Manson and his followers. Some are still believers but you can be sure no one else is joining his band of followers. Bankrupt it? That would take one hell of a lot of court cases that go against the WTS. The WTS has been busy for a few years now stashing the money so it can't be touched. JWs will stand back and believe their WT propaganda and wait for the nations to attack them and the end to come. But the river of monies pouring into the society are slowly drying up. People are leaving and taking their money with them. A couple of things recently have been extremely important in destroying the credibility of the WTS. The blood Misrepresentaion article is huge. As it gets out to the medical community becomes aware of the misrepresentation more JWs will lose their battles to refuse blood for their children. This WILL hit the population by way of the media. It will take some time but it will happen. The sexual abuse policy so far has only laid a path towards further lawsuits. They are coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit