A sensible fix for the Jehovah's Witness "two witness rule" when dealing with child sex abuse

by Watchtower-Free 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Totally agree Pistoff there's an element of culpable idiocy ingrained in the operational procedures with JWS.

I guess thats what you get for trying to emulate the social standards of an ancient civilization that existed 2000 years ago.

The WTS. heads make the laws and the lower subservient ones below them obey those expressed laws.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

You're right, Watchtower-free, it is a sensible fix.

Which is why they won't do it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "The WT Society is mainly concerned about HIDING how prevalent the child abuse problem is within it 's organization."

Nailed it.

They themselves know that the child abuse problem is endemic...

...it simply cannot be fixed, because the WTS is - at its core - an authoritarian high control group...

...and they cannot stop being an authoritarian high control group without effectively ceasing to exist.

In fact, I would go so far as to suggest that - if cornered and pressed on the issue - they would not only acknowledge the designation, but would also concede that they believe that being an authoritarian high control group is the right way to be.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Old Hippie said " What you recommend, is exactly what they are doing in European countries. ".

Maybe some Congregation B.O.E's are sensible and do so, but there has been no Letter from the WT telling them to do so. In consequence many are still in the old "cover up" mode.

I spoke to an Elder a few days ago on this very subject, as his Congo has been accused of harbouring a Paedophile. He was of the old idea that seems to permeate the Org. that it is the families responsibility to report "if they wish" he said.

The WT needs to publically change its stance, and to institute proper Protection systems for the vulnerable, as all right-thinking, moral organizations and Associations do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit