JW husband destroyed my life

by Chimene 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Post 1 of 1
    since 30-Jan-06

Oh my goodness, could I tell you some things..... I could write a book. I'm in the middle of divorcing a "so called" JW. He is one of the meanest people I have ever known. Married for almost 9 years, it has totally ruined my life. And about 80% of the members of the hall we attended are all hypocrites. I was never baptized, so when I asked for help, they wouldn't give it to me. Now that I left him, I am being treated like I was baptised, but disfellowshipped. Whatever!!!!!! This jerk comes to pick up my daughter last weekend, in his suite, just finished going out in service, and starts bare faced lying to me, for the millionth time. And he was out preaching the bible, whatever!!!!!! Out of approximately 200 JW's I personally know, 2 of them are real. The rest? Like I said, I could write a book!
  • carla
    carla

I'm sorry for what you are going through right now. And welcome to the board! Tell us more about your situation. Why not start your book here?

• Brigid
    Brigid

Chimene,

Welcome aboard. Unfortunately, your story is very like so many others. Once the mask is ripped off god's representatives on earth, it is not often pretty. They are just as mean, nasty, human as the rest of us.

It just hurts more when you have been told that these are undoubtedly god's people! I hope you find what you need here. Sometimes just knowing that your'e not crazy is enough.

Love,

~Brigid

• Think
    Think

Chimene,

Welcome on board, sorry to hear that, but I know what you going thru, I was in same position.

The question come to my mind thousand times: How this can be? How is that, that they study the bible 5 x a week, thousand times a year, and still we se so much rotten fruits in this religion ???

But they always are quick to poit how OTHERS religions are, how but friuts they have ! Well, the time come to start doing their own dirty laundry first...

Hang on, we are here for you, ours lifes are exactly the same.

• jojochan
    jojochan

HI and welcome to the forum! Stick around.

jojochan.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Welcome to the board! The good thing is that you are now free to live your life as YOURS. I realize how hard it might be, but stop looking at him as destroying your life and look at this as a FRESH START. The world is your oyster!

• unique1
    unique1

Unfortunately that is what happens when a religion is focused on what everything LOOKS like and not what things truly are. As long as you go to meetings, and in field service, you are a good witness, it doesn't matter if you are liar or if you cuss or go see a rated R movie or any of those things everyone really does. As long as the face value is there.

Sorry you are having to deal with such an unloving person. Perhaps one day he will see the light.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

welcome!!!!

• Think
    Think

And as long as you put MONEY IN the voluntary EXTORTION/donatin box,

you are in good stading !

• Chimene
    Chimene

Thank you all sooooo much! I have needed to talk to someone for soooooooooo long! I totally agree that we are all human, I personally have done things in my early twenties I wish I could undo. There are so many things to tell that I have witnessed,and my personal abuse, it is unreal. Let me give you just one example, my honeymoon, August of 1998. We went to the beach, we were supposed to be there for a week, however, my husband wouldn't come out of the hotel room. Constantly griping and complaining that he now hated the beach, because all there is to do there is chase women, and now he can't because he is married. Gee, I'm so sorry to have ruined his time at the beach, I cried everynight there, which only ended up being 3, and we went home. Not one day went by with this jerk that i wasn't insulted or put down. Then go to the hall and hear talks about how you should be loving to your wife, if that's love, I'd rather join the convent and become a nunn. ........ But like I said, I can really write a book, it's aweful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit