Fear of the gods

by Narkissos 35 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey daystar,

yes. agree with you, for sure. it's basically the place i feel i am coming to, slowly. i think i may never get over the lack of external meaning, but ultimately i will find *something* within. maybe it will be *everything* that i am. just me, looking inward.

when you meditate, how do you do it? curious, because i like to meditate too.

TS

"to be or not to be. that's not really a question." he he, i had to, sorry. some french guy said that, and now i sort of crack up when i hear it.

• daystar
    daystar
    when you meditate, how do you do it? curious, because i like to meditate too.

I sometimes sit comfortably and focus on the apex of the blue part of a flame, attempting to clear my mind of any thought, and eventually even this thought as well. Exceedingly difficult. Focus is part of the practice, of course.

(One person practiced focus in a different way. He banished singular personal pronouns like "I", "me", or "mine" and any time he let one slip, would cut himself sharply on the forearm. I think a rubber band on the wrist might do an adequate job as well though. )

The sort of meditation I was talking about technically is not really meditation as is commonly spoken of. It's more of an overwhelming of data, or a loopback, which may result in a sort of mental "short circuit", but arriving at similar places. "What is the purpose of a purpose? If a purpose is realized, where is the purpose? Are there purposes within purposes? Wheels within wheels?" etc.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Ross:

That "complex matix", complete with it's fears and neurosis, is most certainly part of who/what you and I are

Yes Ross, I agree. All that is witnessed by consciousness is ultimately included in the boundless nature of what we are. Yet, I have found that all which can be mentally defined as "what we are" moves within a unimaginable purity (what I am certain the word "holy" points to), which is most true, real and close. In other words the "complex matrix" is dependant upon what I am, and what I am, is dependant on nothing. All universe could end, and still, untouched, I am. You are.

Satanus:

Do you like/love yourself? If so, how?

When consciousness sees via it's true purity there is absolutely no judgment at all, nothing to taint in anyway pure and unbound awareness. What is paramountly absent in muddying up the water is any sense of duality. There are no actual walls of separation. There is no "other". No one to love. no one to hate. But then this oneness-of unity that we actually and foundational are, is probably what the word L-O-V-E, ultimately points to. You are not a person who loves, rather you are Love itself. It can't be adequately described or conceptual understood. It's lived. It's what you are.

I would like to add that I'm kinda between two worlds in that our actual truth has been seen and glimpsed, but most of the time the old believed fragmented "self" is in the forefront and the truth seems hidden. So, much of what I write on this forum is like writing to myself.

j

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I've been off line for a day and just checked in and looked at how this thread has grown and all I have to say is this thread ROCKS!

I am sitting in a coffee shop and reading this and I literally just laughed out loud reading all the PROFOUND thoughts....he he he

*people are staring at me!* he he he

TETRAPOD-

If I reject searching for spiritual enlightenment and decide to only pursue selfish, fleshly, interests then soon that would be my god. If I reject everything all together and live as a hermit and worship myself and my existence then I am still worshiping. Why do we feel the need to have a religious act?

it's our biology. i don't mean to insinuate with all i said in the last post that i have an answer. i don't. the only thing i can say is: the mind can only overpower biology so much before it can no longer win.

and the only thing i can say to that is a question: "why fight our biology?"

he he he - yeah. I kind of new the answer was biology. I kind of meant the question to be retorical. but thanks for clearing that up.....LOL!

Why fight our biology? well so far the reason I *fight* certain tendencies of biology is because of how my actions would have repercussions on those I hold dear.....fear of hurting them.

JT-

(It was within an experience of intense hatred and fear, that there was the first clear glimpse of what is boundlessly pristine and at peace. Such emotions like fear, hatred, anger, which we normally push away as we fear and hate them (ironically), can be a blessing if they are openly, earnestly and honestly investigated.)

not to brag here gentlemen, but I can relate to this statement by JT as far as having shared a similar intense experience that none of you will ever get to experience. I have to say the closest I have ever been to my subconscience and my deepest fears was when I was having a natural childbirth. The experience is trippy to say the least. you release hormones that let you tap into the subconscience if you let your body do it. It was the closest to death and bliss I ever got. all happening simultaneously. I had a wise midwife tell me to let go and "let your monkey do it (give birth)" It was right on. If you give in, and let this intense pain, and morbid fear just move through you, it is the most spiritual thing I ever experience. The most primal thing I have yet to go through as a human being. That experience taught me more about facing my fears head on than any other experience yet.

fear. fear of god, or ourselves?

* how many of you think Narkissos just likes to throw the big bloody pieces of chum out there in the water and watch the feeding frenzie of the sharks?*

he he he....you are so great Narkissos. I may have to develop a fear of your greatness and worship YOU! he he he

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    how many of you think Narkissos just likes to throw the big bloody pieces of chum out there in the water and watch the feeding frenzie of the sharks?

Its an awesome sight believe me...

I guess I'm doing nothing else than revisiting the fears and desires of a little boy, with his abstract yet anxious "self" constructed so antagonistically to the flow of life, wondering at the strange forms they grew by chance or fate, and anticipating their enjoyable dissolution...

• freedomlover
    freedomlover
    I guess I'm doing nothing else than revisiting the fears and desires of a little boy, with his abstract yet anxious "self" constructed so antagonistically to the flow of life, wondering at the strange forms they grew by chance or fate, and anticipating their enjoyable dissolution...

......that was an awesome mental picture for me. made me smile to picture you like that.........ever curious and amazed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit