Beginning the road out.

by wozadummy 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

A Paduan

What I meant was that reading bitter nasty letters effects me as I don't want to just focus on bitterness as it seems to destroy my outlook on life and other people . I just want to open my mind to the freeness now ahead without just focusing on what the Org. says or just what is bitter against them , but approach this with a positive aspect. I understand some terrible things have happened to people in the Org. by un christian people and I'm not saying they should'nt vent their feelings...........we know what it is like for my wife and I are victims of disgusting things ourselves and the lack of justice in the Org. ,this I will talk about in time .Enough said at this stage that we found Silent Lambs a great help.

I'm just starting out and dealing with things as best I can and apologise if I express myself wrongly at times. I can see there are good people here and hope I can share in the future helping others too.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Woz

It's the topic of another active thread at the moment, but I'd encourage you to read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz, an eyeopening expose written in a truly loving and non bitter manner.

best wishes

D

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Hi D

It was pretty scary stuff and at the time when things settled down I put it down to Jehovah protecting me but it is only now that I recall that at 19 I stopped the activity all by myself , so...did God actually protect me or did I do it myself while in the ORG.? Well this is what getting your eyes opened is all about and perhaps what others say the Org does to peoples minds is true. My view now of those events back in the beginning of the JW trip is still being formulated as we have only just stopped going to meetings a few weeks. I'd hoped others with similar experiences would come forward on this forum.

Can I explain these paranormal events? Well maybe it all could be explained by a psychiatric(is that how it's spelt?) disease but the only thing is other people were there and witnessed things so that's given me the dilemna.....are JWs right in pin pointing the source as Satan.?

Are the Born Agains the right religion...when I used to go to their doors they would be agitated when I would talk and my witnessing partners would comment on this, as they would be ok till I spoke and I would not provoke them. We were taught they spoke tongues by means of demons and so I just assumed they got angry at me for they sensed what my life was before. Now I have to rethink all this. I did study with one and he came to meetings and he told me of things that happened in their church , but what got me was the fact that they spoke in tongues and smoked dope etc and how can the Holy spirit dwell there? More mysteries of life I suppose ...... that's why I went into the Org coz I thought I was getting the answers but the whole Org package ain't what it says it is in many respects as I found out ,but that's another story.

• geevee
    geevee

BTTT. Man I tought I would kick this back in as a reminder to you about your stoty and insight. We all struggle with others at times. Even here where we feel skinned and thrown about and looking for a little comfort. It is easy to forget all the struggles we have on a day to day basis after coming out of the borg. Hang in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit