Source material: "144,000" and "anointed" in The Watchtower, 2000-2015

by Doug Mason 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CharlieSmith1975
    CharlieSmith1975

Tell me more about this Lars-Jesus guy "nutcase." Does he claim to BE Jesus or just claims he saw Jesus and Daniel in some alley one day? Here's my picture on Holloween last year. Does he look like me?

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

I know that Paul did not write the experience narrated in the book of Acts. But I believe that Paul and Jesus existed. However, I think that 90% of what the Gospels tell is invention. But I do believe that there was a Jew called Jesus who was killed by the Romans, then his disciples started to justify his death by using passages of the OT. I think that after Paul and Peter's death the virginity of Mary was also included by pagan christians and so on. Here my thoughts in my webpage against The Bible and The Society:

http://jehovismo.com/podemos-creer-en-moises/

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Doug. My post was not referring to anything you've written in this thread. You are always a breath of fresh air on these matters.

• steve2
    steve2

The Fact is that the christian religion was always a mess, and if Jesus resurrected, then he transgressed on account of his omission, because his disciples were, and are guilty of many absurdities and lies in his name. So I doubt that he is the head of any church.

opusdei1972, right on man. I apprecaited reading an overview of your journey. Thanks. It is refreshing to read accounts by posters who have active, thinking brains in contrast to some who go into auto-pilot in citing chapter and verse and ignore all attempts at reasoning beyond the limited domain on ancient texts that even 'back in the day' there was a failure of consensus as to what constituted "Divine" inspiration.

• sir82
    sir82

The rest of the tree are the grated in gentiles who make up 90% of the tree, which is 1,440,000 total.

I suspected it, now I know for sure.

The "1,440,000" is a favorite pet conjecture of a long-time poster here. This is now his 4th or 5th name.

Welcome back, Lars!

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Charlie - you will know that the internet is a perfect place for pretending to be someone you're not. And, contrary to my kindred spirits in earlier posts, I think it matters not who you are - or who you were in an earlier incarnation. In my weaker moments, I am tempted to post a photo of Rufus Wainwright and claim I am he. Just don't ask me to sing to prove it! All it proves is that I am at some level keen to establish an identity - but whether it is actually me is unprovable. Same with you. I would remain unmoved by a DNA test. Nothing short of a lie detector administered in a sealed room would convince me who you are.

Besides, there is no imperative for you to establish your identity - although, if you are not Lars, it must be kind of distracting and likely irritating to be accused of being him. I do not know what that is like. My case is different: I have been accused of being someone better than I am and I am caught mid-way between blushing and looking more closely in the mirror. Perhaps I am the nicer person I am accused of being?! I hope so! But I cannot prove it - gosh darn.

But ultimately, it does not matter. Who we are has almost zilch to do with the content of our arguments - although I would probably feel slightly uneasy if I found out that anyone who has posted above whom I have agreed with is a secret cat murderer. Shame on them - but I withdraw the judgement if it is untrue.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Thank you Steve2. I am writing that web page, and some times I adds a new article. This creates great peace for me, because I love to expose the Bible and the Watchtower lies. Because I don't believe that the Bible lies were written as mere allegories, but for deceiving the unlearned masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit