Validity of 607 BCE date

by stevieb1 119 Replies latest jw friends

• boo25
    boo25

ok I just had to post a reply to this subject.....

the reply is to long to post so please follow the link, it will take you to a site that really does explain in detail about the biblical proof as to why Jehovahs Witnesses believe that 607 bce is the correct date.

http://thetruthaboutthetruthaboutthetruth.blogspot.com/2005/11/jerusalems-destruction-587-or-607.html

this is not my work & I have nothing to do with the site I have linked, but it really does show alot of info as to why 607 BCE is believed to be the correct date.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hello Boo and welcome to the forum.

The 607/587 debate has raged on this forum and others for years, I recommend that you do a little digging around. May I ask a couple of questions? Why does the date of 607 BCE matter to you? And, can you establish the date of 607 BCE using scripture alone?

You will have my respect if you can.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Since the thread has been brought back to life, I would like to see the 'heavies' comment on the argumentation presented at the site that Boo25 has posted here. I find some of the argumentation to be 'interesting'.

To me 607 or 587 is of little significance these days, as the moral interpetude of the society is evidence enough that God never selected them, let alone the insurmountable evidence of failed biblical understanding and prophetic interpretation. Further, I see no conclusive evidence to support application of 7 times to this date to begin with, whether 587 or 607.

Still, Boo25 is clearly apologetic toward this position, and has brought this thread back to life for some reason. I have no doubt that Leo and ALanF , and Hillary, can shred it in a matter of moments. I just have no inclination to work that hard at a non critical argument in my opines.

Jeff

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Since the thread has been brought back to life, I would like to see the 'heavies' comment on the argumentation presented at the site that Boo25 has posted here. I find some of the argumentation to be 'interesting'.

I dealt specifically with that article here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/107058/1868670/post.ashx#1868670 (though the article has moved to a different website). I dealt with a more-recent 607 article here.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Jeffro.

Boo25. How about a little background, so we can welcome you properly.

Jeff

• boo25
    boo25

Thank you Jeffro I have read your finding and I must say they are very interesting, I am very keen to look more deeply in to them.

Hi AK - Jeff I am just a person who has been challanged to research in to the 607 - 587 BCE issue, this started as a mutual interest between me and a drifting JW friend but now I find my self compeled to look more deeply in to this subject.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Hell, let me drag this thing back out.

There are still those of us who are fighting this battle and it is germain.

My wife left me about a month ago over this it is kind-of like a trial seperation until I BELIEVE again.

She talks to me ever once in a while and throws stuff like the Kingdom Come appendix at me, lol, lol

I feel half bad sometimes ripping it apart.

Thanks, Alan

• Honesty
    Honesty
    My wife left me about a month ago over this it is kind-of like a trial seperation until I BELIEVE again.

Mine did the same almost 3 1/2 years ago.

I never believed the Watchtower Society again.

We divorced on November 18, 2004.

On December 5, 2004 I officially severed All ties with the Watchtower Society and it affiliates.

I wish you the best on your journey and pray that your wife will come to her senses and research what she believes.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

marked to look up links

• safireblu64
    safireblu64

WOW Alan F!!!! Fantastic! I am going to use your line of reasoning and your facts to show to my aunt!!! Fabulous!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit