WHY I Keep Kicking when down....

by Sparkplug 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

YOU GET A LETTER LIKE THIS AND IT MAKES IT ALL BETTER:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(From my Daughter)

It’s all too hard to explain,

You know that feeling you get,

When you feel like the whole world has walked out on you when you really need some one to walk in. When you loose your best friend, you’re fighting with your parents, your siblings can’t help, and the one you love doesn’t love you in return.

Its all so hard and it feels like I’m spinning round and round with no way to stop, I try and every time I think I have it I fall so hard It feels like there is no way to get up like I’m damaged for life. Paralyzed and you can’t move, like a cancer with no cure, like when your in the hospital in so much pain and your are just praying some one will pull a plug and let you go and you don’t believe you will live.

It’s so hard to pretend its all okay when in reality its not.

And then the one person who can always make you smile with just one word, the one who lights up your world with their smile, the one who when you look at them, all the chaos just disappears into the sky and makes it all better, that one special person wont even talk to you anymore, and doesn’t even want to look at you.

And now there is no one to turn to.

And with all this going on in my life, I notice no matter how alone you think you are there is always someone out there with all the answers to all your problems just waiting to be found and all you have to do is stand back up again and not be afraid to spin because everyone has to fall and it gives you the strength every time you fall to know you have the courage to stand up.

And go through it all over again because in the end you know its all worth the wild ride and you are just curious enough to wonder what will happen next, and just know it will get harder and harder each time but at the same time isn’t it all worth it just to know things will get better and at the same time harder to keep?

But that’s just the thing! The things that take longer to work on always feel even better at the end just knowing you did it all by yourself without a help in the world! And it’s all you… so OWN IT!

I love you mom and I wrote this for you just to show you it will all get better and I don’t want you to be upset forever and I want you to know that I may not know how bad you are hurting right now and you may not think I could understand because I am so young but that’s okay because I don’t have to understand all I want is for you to know is I love you and something like that could never change.

I LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS MOM!

The words pulled right out of my heart from me to you,

Luv,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now how could I give up after that?

(In my best Dori voice, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

What a beautiful letter.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

yeah and she is only 13. Kind of scarey huh?

Strange she knows how to help when a grown up can stand around and avoid trying to help because it "could" be too awkward.

It just takes a few words and the gentle reminder gets me off my pity party and can keep me trying.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

out of the mouths of babes... ((Sparky)) love you Lisa

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

That was so beautiful! Doesn't it just make your heart melt when you get something like that from your child?

You must be a wonderful mom.

GGG

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Wow! that is one smart girl! and quite a compliment to you that you helped raise such a beautiful person.

I hope my kids can be as smart as your daughter!

go give her a big hug and tell her she is amazing!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yeah Lisa, she is truthful to a fault. Trying to stay a kid, yet turn into a young woman, and learning to accept responsibility for her actions ....all the while trying to make me feel better.

I wanted her to be independent and when she is as loud as I taught her to be, well sometimes it is hard to take. You know we can't really "Put that thing back where it came from." lol

I just had someone call me and say, "You know she is truly her mothers daughter!" I am not sure how to take that, but at the moment, seeing her heart, I am flattered.

XOXOX

Dexi

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    You must be a wonderful mom.

All trial and error with no example. Does not really make me feel too wonderful a good percentage of the time. Days like this I feel pretty good. But I fight for each one of them and looking at her, well I see that she has always been that way.

At 4 years of age she looked at me and said, "You know mom, when I grow up, I will never have kids...because your always broke and drive an ugly car." LMAO. But funny thing is, I never told her that. I always have loved having my kids and never even thought it was an option that my kids might not want kids later."

I am still so clueless and trusting at 35...and she sees things so clear and is not afraid to point them out to me, or whoever, no matter how mad I may be. She is super tiny and has nuts bigger than most grown ups I know.

quite a compliment to you that you helped raise such a beautiful person.
    I often think she is wonderful in spite of me...
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    you to know that I may not know how bad you are hurting right now and you may not think I could understand because I am so young but that’s okay because I don’t have to understand all I want is for you to know is I love you and something like that could never change.

Sorry, I had to read this one last time before I attempt to sleep.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

she is incredible sparks... she brought tears to my eyes... actually, im bawling right now... just goes to show you how much someone can do for you... shes amazing, obviously very intelligent and very eloquent... im amazed and im crying,, shit, she showed me why i keep kicking...

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit