To all active JWs or double life JWs

by NowImFree 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

One of the previous posts made me wonder how many active JWs post on this site and how many of you are only in because not wanting to lose your family and you are leading a double life and also how many of you are still active but questioning. Please, all of you, I would like to hear your stories (of course not enough info to give away your identity) and why you are still in. I think a lot of us that are out would be interested.

NowImFree

• Highlander
    Highlander

I live far away from my family, I stopped turning in time long ago, however I give the appearance of being active to my family. I attend their convention, and assemblies so that I can

spend time with them and give them the impression that I'm spiritual and therefore they stay off my back. Locally I do attend an occasional sunday meeting, but that's it.

I'm not DF'd nor will I ever be cuz I'm just too damn sneaky! :) I only stay so that I don't lose my family to shunning. I'm probably a wuss for doing so, but hey, it's my decision.

• lola28
    lola28

Well I haven't been to meetings in over a month but no one in my hall knows that don't believe it any more, if I go to the hall everyone will talk to me, I refuse to door to door, I will never do it again but have been know to do street work, if you are good enough you can be out in street work and never talk to anyone! Plus you get to go to the Coffee Bean. Good times.

In all honesty, and joking aside I hate to lie so I just try to stay away from meetings, I hate to lie and every time I talk to a witness or go to the hall I know that I am liar, because I have to pretend that I still believe all the BS.

wow, haven't said that before, that felt good.

lola

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    I only stay so that I don't lose my family to shunning. I'm probably a wuss for doing so, but hey, it's my decision.

Not at all. Some people are willing to accept those consequences, some aren't.

The problem begins when the family begins to suspect that you're weak or apostate. Then, every time the talk to you or you see them it will be a double dose of subtle (sometimes not so subtle) WT infomercial. They'll casually talk about the latest magazines, or the great talk they heard, or all the great new people at the hall. You either learn to bear it or you blow up one day and tell the truth.

The important thing is that you're out and don't believe, and thus the destructive cult has no control over your life any longer....hang in there.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Thanx TallTexan, I really appreciate that.

• Calliope
  • Calliope
    Calliope

my mom was the liberal wit. my dad the conservative. my mom smoked pot before becoming a wit. my dad has never owned a pair of jeans (as in, used to go to the movies in a suit - of course he's changed since he's had kids who made fun of him for it).

when they started studying, and subsequently got baptized, i was the oddball child (the baby of the fam) who thought, "cool, that means i'll be really different from all the other kids".

then i got baptized at 17, started smoking and doing drugs. became a pioneer to ease my troubled, questioning mind, thinking it would redeem me in god's eyes. never made my time. got reproved for "drinking" cause that was all i divulged to the elders (hey, i thought since they're gonna reprove me anyway, i'll just give em part of the story).

then i got reproved again. same story as above.

then i started having existential and philosophical questions with my friends. married one of them. he later da-ed himself and i started allowing myself to find answers to these existential questions since he allowed himself to. then he left me.

and here i am today.

still drinking and smoking... and other

• Highlander
    Highlander

wow,, your dad actually went to the movie theatre in a suit and tie?

my mom is the conservative one, dad was an elder/pioneer but he's a fader now,, 20 years and counting.

Though I must say, mom does own jeans, and dresses normal for the theatre. :)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    how many active JWs post on this site

ME!

and how many of you are only in because not wanting to lose your family

not yet anyways

and you are leading a double life

of course. A damn good one

and why you are still in.

just biding my time.

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

Still in. Everybody thinks I'm having "doubts". I'm just waiting for the right time to come through with it all. Thankfully I was never dunked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit