Newbies

by TallTexan 25 Replies latest jw friends

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I've been on this board longer than any of you guys and I'm STILL a frickin' newbie. I need to post more... CyrusThePersian

• uninformed
    uninformed

To all,

This newbie has been straining to get in the fray.

I guess I was actually afraid of the consequences of joining the site. 45 years at the borg are hard to deal with.

uninformed

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes welcome to all the new ones. It is hard enough leaving everything you know without stepping into a free-for-all on the net. The mods try to keep this site as friendly and helpful as positive. It still has its ups and downs.

Just keep reading. Check out what you read. We also try our best to find proof for what is posted and not just accept whatever is said (like we have all done before)

Undoing the damage mentally and emotionally requires effort. But it is well worth it to have a free mind. I love to learn and this board has filled the void that 22 years as a JW left inside of me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There have indeed been many newbies coming to the forum over the past couple of months and some are making very interesting posts and bringing interesting ideas. Keep it up.

• kmprb0314
    kmprb0314

I joined once before a couple of years ago but didn't come back on here for a while. I can't see myself coming often, but I am here to offer support for anyone that is interested in learning how to live as a human being and leave the guilt and shame behind. There are many loving and wonderful people that are still "in" the borganization. I haven't seen or talked to any of my old friends for almost 20 years. If anyone on here remembers Kellie Parsons from Beaumont, Texas, drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Kellie, welcome back!

• kristyann
    kristyann

Thanks for the welcome! I am so glad to be here!

- An enthusiastic newbie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I became a newb in May, 2004 after months of lurking here. Since then........I sometimes wonder how many joined and became newbs! Has to be in the hundreds.

So now I wonder how many are still lurkers checking out all the great posts here on JWD? In my opinion........there could be thousands.........if not tens of thousands seeking info on their religion on all the many JW/XJW sites.

That tells me that the borg is in for an AWAKE ning! I feel for all those who have family to worry about and not be able to take that big stance of leaving. Hang in there all you newbs and lurkers. It really does get easier as time goes by.

HappyDad

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes and it is nice -great to have new blood on the board. We seem to have a nice balance at the moment IMHO. WELCOME NEWBIES

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am a newb :)

Officially an appostate January 14, 2006.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit