Help on Bolgarian Blood issue??

by IronClaw 15 Replies latest jw friends

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

This was awesome Atlantis, thank you.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I just found this letter. You may already have it.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Nice info here,

but to be honest, I do not see much harm in what the society did here. Nothing is really changed on the blood issue. The only thing is that some witnesses have a easier time in bulgaria. (and that the preaching work is easier). So what?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Danny, you wrote: "So what?"

Good question Danny. The "so what" to me is two part.
    Part one: Is this Bulgaria agreement is a historical change in that the shunning policy was changed at this point. The old shunning policy was to follow printed guidelines that allowed a Witness who accepted prescribed blood medical treatment to be put on trial, judged, disfellowshipped, and sentenced to shunning. The shunning policy was changed as it related to blood medical treatment.

Part two: Is the WAY the change was made. The change was made in a way that was deceptive. It was apparently designed to deceive the Bulgaria government officials. It confused the newspaper reporters and news was published that Jehovah's Witnesses were allowing blood transfusion medical treatment. That's why the correction letter above was quickly released. I think the Society thought the change was a weasel change and nobody would notice like the Mexico scam to own property. But they forgot about the Internet (again).
    In reality, the blood medical treatment guidelines really didn't change then. What changed was the shunning practice. Under the pre-Bulgaria guidelines, the Witness who accepted the blood treatment was tried, judged, disfellowshipped, and shunned. The change the Society made, without bothering to tell anyone, was to eliminate the trial, the judging, and the disfellowshipping, and move right to shunning.
    AFTER the news media picked up the story, the Society written letter(s) came out (there was also a letter to the board of elders) and the policy change was communicated to the Witness people. By making the change they way they did, they could tell the Bulgaria government that they HAD made a change and they could tell the Witness people that they had NOT made any changes.
    It was outrageous! All done while people, children, were dying a painful death.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

First of all, Thank you Gary.

but to be honest, I do not see much harm in what the society did here. Nothing is really changed on the blood issue. The only thing is that some witnesses have a easier time in bulgaria. (and that the preaching work is easier). So what?

Danny, the letter above stated that "They have consistently refused donor blood ever since transfusions began to be widely used". Yet the WTS says its OK for someone to accept blood fractions. Where in the WORLD do you think these fractions come from? DONOR BLOOD!!

Once again the WT shows it HYPOCRITICAL side.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

IronClaw,

Danny, ; the letter above stated that "They have consistently refused donor blood ever since transfusions began to be widely used". Yet the WTS says its OK for someone to accept blood fractions. Where in the WORLD do you think these fractions come from? DONOR BLOOD!!

Once again the WT shows it HYPOCRITICAL side.

This is not the issue here. This is not about the right or wrong of using blood. This is about the deal with the government

AFTER the news media picked up the story, the Society written letter(s) came out (there was also a letter to the board of elders) ; and the policy change was communicated to the Witness people. By making the change they way they did, they could tell the Bulgaria government that they HAD made a change and they could tell the Witness people that they had NOT made any changes.

So basically there was no change. Then the only thing people could blame the WTS for were deceiving tactics regarding the officials of bulgaria. This can be frauwned upon, but isn't that just what politics is just all about?
    IMHO, the situation for the witnesses in bulgaria improved, so why would I complain.

It was outrageous! All done while people, children, were dying a painful death. ;

They were dying, they are still dying, so that is not the issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit