Part 1: How Would You Answer This Issue?

by Amazing1914 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt

• hybridous
    hybridous

Interesting that as a Hindu, he had his own belief system, yet he sought to be validated by yours.

I would have told him that he had to answer to his own God(s) for whatever his decision was made, so make your decision in light of your own religion and beliefs - not mine.

That said, Elsewhere's story about a broken family hits hard. My wife had something like that happen in her family, a while back. Nobody survives that well, they just survive...and are forever altered, if not altogether ruined. An entire family, for the sake of one? Not if it was my choice.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

montana96,

We knew from our 1st ultrasound she would be a very sick child, but we were prepared for everything as we couldnt allow an abortion. Now we have left jw, I would have preffered an abortion over the hell we went through carrying our baby and the nightmare watching her die. But the again we wouldnt have held her beautiful body, named her and had all her family meet her for the short time she was here.

First of all, my (belated) condolences for your trouble and pain.

You've summed up the whole situation in a nutshell – I don't think anyone could express it better. Sometimes the best – not the best of a bad situation, but the best you can do for someone is to lay out both the blessings and curses as clearly as possible.

Thank you for being my teacher today.

gently feral

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hybridous,

As I noted in my post, Hindus have great respect for other beliefs, and see them equally as valid as thier own. He felt that I was a spiritual person. So, in making a decision, he wanted to get other perspectives. It was both an act of respect and humility as he was faced with a serious issue ... and he was also my friend.

Jim W.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit