Husband had to get a blood transfusion

by MsMcDucket 31 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi all, I told you about the heart attack. Well, he developed complications from the anticoagulant. He got acute gastritis and started loosing blood in his stools. His hemoglobin dropped to 7.4. The nurse came in said that he would need a transfusion. I said "okay". She said he's going to take it even though he's a Jehovah's Witness? I was like he's not a witnesss. They had it in the computer from his last admission, from I don't know when, that he was a Jehovah's Witness. I said he's not a JW. Take that out of the computer! My husband was never baptized. He was an approved associate at one time.

I called the twins to tell them that they may not want to come up today because their dad was going to have to have a blood transfusion. They said okay. Well, while he was receiving the second unit of blood, the girls popped in. They stayed the whole time. They didn't say anything about the blood.

The anticoagulant situation has caused a snare in his treatment. The doctors said that they would stop it for the weekend to try to let his stomach heal, but there would be a risk of the stent clotting. So far, so good. Tonight is the first night that I have left him alone. His vital signs are stable, his heart rate is regular, his hemoglobin is above 9 (not good but better than 7). He's had more energy today, and is more like himself.

I'm going to sleep in my bed instead of a chair tonight. I'll be back to the hospital in the morning.

Take care everyone!

• Rook
    Rook

Hi, Hope all goes well.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I hope the best for you.

Nice to know the twins weren't judgemental and visited anyways. :)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

((((((mrs. mcduckett))))))

i hope everything goes ok....you are in my thoughts.

luv, jojo

• slugga
    slugga

I'm glad to see your girls never kicked off about the blood issue. When push came to shove and their dad needed blood they sided with you two and not the Org. This might be the start of something.

All the best for you two

Matt

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

My thoughts go out to you and your husband for a speedy recovery.

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((Ms McDucket)))

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband as he recuperates from his heart attack.

outnfree

• blondie
    blondie

Msmcducket, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm glad too that you are there to support his wishes. A reminder to all of us to check what our doctor, clinic, hospital has on record for us re blood before an emergency comes up.

I went through something similar a few years ago with my dear hubbie; it was a day at a time, an hour at a time, but he pulled through and is doing well now.

Love, Blondie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All the best wishes to Mr and Mrs Mcduckett.. May he get well soon, and Mrs Mcd cope with it all

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Best Wishes, MrsMcDuckett, that your husband gets better and better every day in every way!!! And you get some much-needed rest!!

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit