Help!!

by mamabear 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mamabear
    mamabear

I have been df'd for 10 years and decided today that I want to be undisfellowshiped. Is this possible. I don't want to be reinsted, obviously. I am meeting with the elders on Sunday.

Help!!

Rebecca

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I have been df'd for 10 years and decided today that I want to be undisfellowshiped. Is this possible. I don't want to be reinsted, obviously. I am meeting with the elders on Sunday.

I'm not sure I understand. You don't want to disfellowshipped, but you also don't want to be reinstated? That still leaves you disfellowshipped as I see it.

More details maybe?

And Welcome !!! It's you first post since you joined oodles of time ago!!

Dams

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

If I understood you correctly, I'm sorry to tell you but, I don't think you can request to have your disfellowshipping revoked. You are kind of stuck, sis.

Jean

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome! I really don't know if that's possible. I've never heard of it being done. Some here are toying with the idea of having their baptisms annulled. There's a thread here somewhere talking about it. But since you're already df'd, I don't think even that would help you.

Hope someone can help you out.

Cellist

• kls
    kls

Welcome and i am with Damesfly ,,,,,,don't really understand Don't mean to pry but your question is a little confusing.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

The religon or "belief" the JW's hold is not going to be around very much longer, I would say read up and get some truth to protect you for free here, then go back to prison and help all those still imprisoned JW's. Excellent idea Mamabear! You go girl

• damselfly
    damselfly

Post again mamabear and we will see if we can get you the info you need.

Dams

• mamabear
    mamabear

Wow, you guys are FAST!!! Okay, I was baptized at 16, under duress, I can prove it to them. I was dating a baptized JW and his parents said I couldn't date him anymore unless I was baptized. The fellow teenage JW's would not "hang out" with me because I wasn't baptized...so...I got baptized. Then I realized that I didn't want to be a JW anymore so I started smoking to get df'd. I can't really explain why I want to get "undisfellowshiped", it's just in my heart that I want to do it. I just have to be careful not to let it get nasty, as my parents would flip and never speak to me again. If it was just me, I would get nasty! Anyways, I though I read once that there had been a few people who got "undisfellowshipped". Just curious, will still go talk to them on Sunday.

Thanks,

Rebecca

• Nina
    Nina

There have been cases of a disfellowshipping being rescinded but the ones I know of were rescinded because of grave error made on the part of the judicial committee.

On a separate note, in a different case that I was close to the individual decided that his baptism should be nullified because he was not actually living in accord with Bible principles at the time of his baptism. A letter came from Brooklyn stating that the baptism was valid. The individual was disfellowshipped instead.

Nina

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ah, you've read my "Back to the future" post then? Remember, you have to hit exactly 70 mph, at the stroke of midnight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit