Worldly People Are Good

by Undecided 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Maybe I should have said there are SOME good worldly people. I just read in the paper that a man killed his sister, choked her and then sawed her up with a chain saw and burried her in several places. This was just a few miles from here. Well, there are a FEW good people anyway.

Ken P.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Nothing is done without the doer receiving some form of validation. This is for the religious and nonreligious alike. The hope is that the majority of people will want the good feeling of helping not hurting. Those are the people that I am drawn to, in or out of the "Truth."

W.Once

• minimus
    minimus

I understand the point of your thread, Ken. I know elderly ones that don't even have their own families help them out because they're "too busy" pioneering or serving in the congregation.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I know what you mean.

I was regular pioneer with a full time job. My ex and I had split up and we had been renting a house in San Gabriel that had a huge yard. My ex used to mow the lawn every week. After about 3 weeks, my neighbor across the street had mowed it and trimmed it all up for me. Even my boss and his kids came one week from Temecula to do the yard work ........... Finally, I bought a condo without a yard!!

But, the point is ---------- worldly people came to my rescue, not the 'brothers' ....... even though I was: in good standing, going to all the meetings!!

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Wordly people are good, several years ago I was laid up couldn't hardly walk, couldn't do any manual work, muchless do anything in the yard, I had several brothers from our congregation that offered to come over and help, so we said sure, and guess what none of them ever showed up to help, they just would talk about it when i saw them at the meeting, but it was all talk and never doing a damn thing to help. My wife, daughters, and 2 neighbors (men) came over time and time again to help or just to do the yard work, one had been occasionally studying with a brother in another congregation, and when he asked about the supposed love they all have for one another, whey weren't they helping me when i was physically unable to do the needed things myself, He of course tried to give the standard answer, and lost himself a bible study, the other neighbor also didnt want anything to do with the witnesses after he got the low down on them from the other man.

Yes worldly people are good,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit