Worldly People Are Good

by Undecided 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was walking around the block and at the end of the street there was this couple out in the yard cleaning it up, raking the leaves and old grass. I mentioned that it was a never ending job. They said," We are just cleaning the yard for the old lady that lives here, she isn't able to do it anymore, we live across the street. How many JWs would do that?

Ken P.

• lucifer
    lucifer

hmm I don't think it matters what religion you are, just depends on the individual.

• Legolas
    Legolas

JW's might do it ....BUT they would have a MOTIVE for it ......and it AIN"T out of love!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Jw's don't do good out of the goodness of their hearts. They do it always with an ulterior motive. That motive is to preach and to convert.

I have also experienced that many "wordly" people are good and will render aid unconditionally. Some put the jw's to shame.

wanna

• greendawn
    greendawn

True there are a lot of nice people in the world, in fact there are all sorts of people there, from the saintly to the beastly ones. So you can easily find some decent ones to associate with. The WTS seeks to create a morbid fear of the world through lying about the world's true nature, to build a wall and isolate its members.

• moshe
    moshe

Spending Saturday morning helping out your elderly neighbor won't win you any points at the next service meeting- going out in service would be viewed as the better use of a JW's time. Most JW's just don't realize what a low opinion their neighbors and work associates have of them. peace, Moshe

• lucifer
    lucifer

i agree that some of them do have another motive, but not all of them

• slugga
    slugga

I used to do things like that... it was called being a good witness

i agree that some of them do have another motive, but not all of them

That is so true, and I can personally attest to the incredible generosity of certain JWs I recently interacted with who, despite my stated disbelief of their faith, selflessly gave of their extremely limited time under circumstances that adversely affected them in an effort to assist my family, merely because they knew me as a kid. I will never forget their kindness, and there were no strings attached.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, after thinking about this a little more I have to admit there are many JWs who are good, decent people. My dad would help anyone that he saw needed it. I was at my non JW aunt's funeral and a man was there who talked to me and recalled something my dad had done for him many years ago, he said he would never forget it. Of course the JWs just emphasize preaching, or should I say the GB demands it.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit