Did I miss something? The WTS now allows Autologous Blood Transfusions?

by M.J. 23 Replies latest watchtower medical

• M.J.
    M.J.

From poppyR's thread on the new blood cards: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/104206/1.ashx

section 4, "Regarding Autologous blood procedures" has an option "(b) I am prepared to accept any such procedure."

NEW LIGHT????

Witnesses can now have the option of storing their own blood before a medical procedure? This is big news, is it not?

Am I missing out on a thread on this?

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Don't go that far in reading it. The line does give examples but does not list stored blood. Sorry.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I don't think this means they can pre-store their blood. It means they can use cell collectors, machines that circulate their blood outside their own body and pumps it back into them (the route of circulation isn't broken), or if they need to have some of their own blood used to create some medicine.

I am not aware of ANY change that allows them to prestore their own blood. It is supposed to be poored out!!!

CYP

• M.J.
    M.J.

It gives examples, certainly, but the option isn't limited to the specific examples given. Just like the option of accepting hemoglobin via Hemopure isn't listed as an example under "minor fractions of blood". This doesn't mean Hemopure is not allowed. I think they are sneaking this one in!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

No. This is to give them the opportunity to refuse it in writing

• blondie
    blondie

They can use blood fractions made from someone else's pre-stored blood.

• Scully
    Scully
    No. This is to give them the opportunity to refuse it in writing

or else make it easier for the elders to decide that the person has DA'd themselves.

• M.J.
    M.J.

they apparently ARE ALLOWED to donate (store) blood for its future use as "minor fractions" :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/105733/1.ashx

(scroll down to Marvin Shilmer's post regarding letters to the WTS on this--and their response)

• willyloman
    willyloman

I questioned this, too, because: autologous refers to use of your own blood. I'll go read Shilmer's letter.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Does anyone have a scan of the new "blood card" ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit