Why did Jehovah give the job of writing the BIBLE to the Catholics?

by gumby 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

This is a thread which was inspired by our own hot little Mary.

Jehovahs Witnesses claim that since Pentecost of 33 c.e., there has been a Faithful and Discreet Slave Class that was appointed by Jesus himself and that this Slave Class was "entrusted" with ALL of Jesus belongings ( dispensing spiritual food to his followers and the rest of mankind).

Oddly, when it came to Gods own word to mankind being compiled ( the bible), ......Jehovah CHOSE the Catholic church to dispense, audit, compile his message! Imagine that! This wayward, apostae, heathen church representing Babylon the Great...or a big part of it, is given the privledge of recording gods message to all of mankind!

The question is......" WHY did Jehovah not use his entrusted "Faithful Slave Class" to compile the Bible?

Anyone?

Gumary

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Gumby, is that really all Mary inspires you?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hmmm... they have cool churches and Bach?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

But was the early church, Roman catholic or Greek Orthodox. I thought that pre Constantine, they were one united church, quite close in doctrine to the first century christians.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I don't know as much about this topic that I should... I assume that most of the people who have translated the Bible throughout the years were members of the Catholic Church (such as Erasmus, etc.) right? I mean, I know Erasmus came much later than the very, very early church.

A lot of fundamentalist Baptists that believe in using the KJV only think that all of the other translations have been "corrupted" by the Catholic Church. However, I am pretty sure that the Textus Receptus, which is where the KJV came from, was translated by Catholics.

• gumby
    gumby

Kristy.....this might help a bit.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/27932/1.ashx

Gumby

• Forscher
    Forscher

Really? The Bible was was collated while the Bishop of Rome was still just one of many, with no supemacy over the other bishops. The oldest manuscripts extant, appear to have from the 50 complete copies ordered made by Constantine after the Council of Nicea. The Bishop of Constantinople would've enjoyed what ever prestige or supremacy that would've come from being the bishop of the capital of the Roman Empire at the time. It would seem the the Orthodox Church would have a better claim to that title.
    Forscher

• Shazard
    Shazard

I guess the final version was approved not by Rome!

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Where in the bible does it say that a bible would be created? Of the top of my head I can't think of any solid biblical prophecy regarding an inspired gathering of scripture by anyone.

• gumby
    gumby

The point of the thread is.....WHY did not the Faithful Slave( early witnesses) write the bible according to the witnesses? Why any church or authority OTHER than the Slave Class?

The society insists there has " always at all times, a Slave Class feeding each succesive generation". The bishop of Rome was NOT the Slave according to the dubs.

Come on dub apologists.... who and where was the Slave when it was time for the bible to be compiled. Tell me WHY Jehovah did not use them to compile the canon instead of those who did.

Gumby

Dub lurkers are cowards!...................* hopes this will inspire some pissed dubs*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit