Canadian TV Note: Pedophile Coverup, Murder

by Maximus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

CBC Channel 511 will carry it in 45 minutes, for the second time 3 PM in British Columbia. HOT TYPE CBC News World

Want to post this, then more details.

Channel 390 will carry it one more time.

15,000 more copies of Kostelniuk's book were printed to prepare for the interest generated by this show.

FREE COPY OF TAPE.

CALL ANDREW JOHNSON 416-205-2436 EXT 8891 (Monday and thereafter.)

Thanks to some new-found Canadian JW friends who were deeply moved by
    the Barbara Anderson thread.

Max

• peterstride
    peterstride

Damn...I just got home after 8PM and I found out from the thread here that it was Hot Type....

Did anyone see the show and/or tape it? How was it???

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi Peter:

Yes I taped it. I want to review it tomorrow as I kept getting interupted while it was on. But, from what I saw, the interviewer was very keen on highlighting how the WTS weilded its power over his family and the only friends he had, through shunning him in the first place and how, through its influence, through mind-control, it could make him feel powerless to fight them to get custody of his children, which in turn could have saved their lives.

The point was also stressed how devastating it was at his own childrens' memorial service, he was not acknowledged by anyone as even being their father. He was totally ignored through the shunning practice. It was made very plain how disgusting a practice this is.

He didn't find out until much later, from the step-father/murderer himself, that he had molested the little girl. He showed how mind-control of the WTS's previous training even influenced him at that time to "forgive the molester".

I'll have to watch it again to get more details, and to see how good my copy is and I'll let you know.

See ya.

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey HadEnough,

I'd love to see the tape...hopefully next time you come to Toronto you'll bring it along!

Peter

• pandora
    pandora

I got to see the show. I missed the first airing of it at 6 but caught the second showing at nine. Check you local guide to make sure it isn't being repeated again later. All may not be lost.

They DID mention the JW's alot. They made clear that they would stoop to anything. (Low down and dirty was the impression). One thing that struck me was that when he went to the funeral, his children's last name was changed to that of the murderer instead of their own father. He was told later that it was to cut down on confusion for some in attendence. That is definately low down!! Plus, of course, they wouldn't even talk to him. That was highlighted strongly.

Overall, the show DEFINATELY did NOT show the JW's in a good light at all. They didn't touch on all aspects of his plight, but the show was only a half hour long. This is a big subject and just can't be given it's due in that short of a time period. I am hoping that the dateline show will cover more. Hey maybe with all the material they are getting they will turn it into a X-Part series. Could we get that detailed of coverage? I doubt it, but boy it would be cool watch the WTS squirm over that!

-P-

• Maximus
    Maximus

: Could we get that detailed of coverage?

Yes.

Max

• pandora
    pandora

Max -
    Are you thinking dateline could be a multi-part series?
    -P-

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Would anyone who taped the show be willing to make me a copy? I, of course, would pay for any expensed incurred (video tape and shipping) plus a something for your time and trouble. Answer here or drop me an e-mail. I can mail a money order or use PayPal to maintain anonymity.

Thanks,

CPiolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit