Canadian TV Note: Pedophile Coverup, Murder

by Maximus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Maximus
    Maximus

I've been given some sketchy information that says the CBC is presenting its program Straight Talk tonight, possibly 7 PM Eastern Time.

In that program James Kostelniuk's book and personal story will be covered.

"Sheep Among Wolves," the story of murder in a Jehovah's Witness community

Perhaps someone in Canada could check this out and publish details below, or correct this

• peterstride
    peterstride

I'll be out tonight, but I'll set my VCR to record CBC tonight...

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• peterstride
    peterstride

Hey Maximus,

I checked with the on-line TV Guide listings as well as CBC's web-site....and there's nothing airing tonight under the name "Straight Talk". I checked a few other shows that also cover current affairs and events...but nothing on JWs or James Kostelniuk's book....that is, nothing that is listed anyways. Now, if it's a last minute programming change and they haven't updated their on-line info, that's another matter.

Peter Stride
    Toronto, Canada

• sf
  • its_my_life2001ca
    its_my_life2001ca

The program is called HOT TYPE and it's on the CBC at 7:pm (ET).It is discussing the JW case tonight.

• neyank
    neyank

How can that program be seen in the US?
    Is there a station here that carries CBC programing?

Thanks,
    neyank

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Just found it! It really looks interesting.

You can see the write up here:
    http://cbc.ca/programs/sites/hottype.html

A short description of the show says:

"When James Kostelniuk heard that his children and his ex-wife had been murdered, he went on an obsessive search for answers. He wanted to know why the elders in the Jehovah's Witness community - a community that had shunned him for questioning their beliefs - ignored evidence that Anderson was a threat to his children. He asked himself why he left his children to live on welfare in the custody of his first wife, Kim.

But more than anything, he wanted to know why Jeff Anderson did it. In desperation he began a long correspondence with the murderer. But Anderson was lying. He had dark secrets about the children that he desperately wanted to keep from James Kostelniuk.

James Kostelniuk talks openly about his depression, his rage at the Jehovah's Witness community, and how he corresponded with the man who murdered his children."

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Additionally -- if this helps those in the US.... the call-letters of the station in the TV Guide are "NW" for the NEWSWORLD channel.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Note:

If it is on "Newsworld" - that is the "all news" channel of CBC and NOT the offical CBC station.

"Newsworld" is offered via cable companies or your local satilite dealer.

Newsworld is like a Canadian version of CNN or Fox News.

hawk

• its_my_life2001ca
    its_my_life2001ca

You're right. It's on Newsworld. I had checked the official CBC site which is radio and all their tv stations. That's why I goofed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit