What was the strangest or nicest experience you had at a door?

by Sheepish 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• HockeyMullet
    HockeyMullet

There was not one "nice" trip to a door that I could remember. Everytime I got out of the car and approached the door, I'd be praying that noone would be home. I still can't %@#$% believe I knocked on anyone's door trying to convince them that their going to die if they don't start studying the Bible with the jovies. It's embarrassing.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I gotta say, out of all the great nicknames I've learned on this site, I think I like"Jovies" the best! Thank you!

• unique1
    unique1

Once when I was about 8, I went with my mom to the door. I had a cold that had settled in my chest and although I was feeling better the cough was awful. The little old lady invited us in. My mom gave her presentation. Intermittently I would cough this deep congested cough. The little old lady said, I got something that will make that cough go away, she pulled out a bottle of wiskey and tried to hand it to me, saying take a sip of this honey. My mom just about choked and politely declined for me.

Then when I was older and out with my friends this guy came up to the car. I witnessed to him through the window. He said he didn't want any magazines but that he was grilling some meat and had some cold beer if we wanted to join him. If he hadn't of went into his stories of Nam after that, we may have joined him. We were all underage and well free beer doesn't get offered to underage people much.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This guy once told us two young teen JWs: at your age you should be out having a good time with your girlfriends, rather than go round teaching the Bible.

• meems101
    meems101

someone dropped an egg from a second floor window, it hit my mother in the eye, and then threw eggs at her as she walked away.

• aniron
    aniron
    This guy once told us two young teen JWs: at your age you should be out having a good time with your girlfriends, rather than go round teaching the Bible.

Well I know of a JW brother and sister who certainly were having a good time when they should have been out on the service. They would do about a dozen doors then disappear. When asked later where had they gone, they just said they went on a return visit. They were only found out when the guys mother returned home unexpectantly and caught them in bed. Funnily they weren't DF'd just reproved. Another one was two JW brothers. But they weren't found out till years later. By then they were both Min Servants as well. I laughed when I heard about them. One of them had an Elder father who thought he was "Gods gift" to the congregation, you know the type. Always going on how wonderful his pioneer, Min Servant son was. Then it turns out his son and the other brother were gay, and had been since they were 15/16 yrs old. I had often wonder why those two brother were still single at the age of 28, considering the sister they had after them. Told everyone they wanted to "serve Jehovah" while young. Still makes me laugh now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit