Are apostates bitter?

by KW13 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Apostate: Someone who can think for him/herself.

When you take a slur and make something positive out of it by being a group of desirable, hard working, thinking, honorable, etc you've in a way changed that slur into something good.

On point, Matt!

I have become proud of the label in some ways for those reasons. I now think, love others, live my life, based not on what an Watchtower tells me to do, but on what my heart, my personal investigations and education in a particular area, tell me to do.

On the point of bitterness; I was, I am not now. I consider that some very good things came from the time I spent as a witness. I did lose the best years of my life in their religious quagmire of theology. I have lost many friends.

But it is tantamount to learning you have millions of dollars in a bank account you didn't know about. You could have enjoyed it in youth - but you can still enjoy it now. Why be bitter? Be happy to be free. But that attitude does take some time. Some never get over it. I still am glad for them and myself that we got out alive.

Jeff

• KW13
    KW13

WOW, a small world indeed!

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

No. We're like rock candy, baby. Hard, sweet, and sticky!

• greendawn
    greendawn

The new light it's just a shoddy pretext to cover their lies and inabilities to correctly interpret things, which means they are not god's channel but more likely the devil's channel. The truth never changes, but they change it like shirts, they do not add to it as they like to claim, they discard it and change it with something very different.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Bitter? Not really. Pissed at times over some of the things I let them do to me. But in the end, I let them do it. Then to, I remember that I wouldn't have the lovely wife I do if I hadn't been in that Org.. She is worth it! One day, though, I may well tell the part of the story that is the worst. It is a story that needs to be told one day for many reasons. It is not just about the DUBS!
    Forscher

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No.

I found just the opposite to be true when I started reading here. That's when I knew who the real liars were.

Speaking the truth does not necessarily equal being bitter.

• KW13
    KW13

Wow, people you really feel strong on this one.

The reason i asked is because my mum is convinced that all apostates are is bitter angry people who attack for no reason.

Lets hope that your comments and mine let people see the REAL truth!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

some apostates are bitter - and I do not blame them after what they have been through.

• daystar
    daystar

Wow, people you really feel strong on this one.

The reason i asked is because my mum is convinced that all apostates are is bitter angry people who attack for no reason.

Lets hope that your comments and mine let people see the REAL truth!

Bitterness... there is some of that. With good reason for the most part.

Angry... there is some of that as well. Also with good reason.

Attack for no reason?... Oh, there is plenty good reason, I can assure you.

You keep reading the stories here. Look at some people's profiles and read their stories. Most of us have been trampled upon by a cold-hearted organization that we found, sooner or later, to be a devious, lying, manipulative beast. I was personally turned to the cold when I needed direction the most, after having spent my entire life to that point in the service to Jehovah (or so I thought, really to the WBTS).

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It's understandable to be bitter when you've realised that you've being taken for a ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit