Are apostates bitter?

by KW13 21 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

For anyone out there who think Apostates are bitter, let me tell you...No they are not, and they're not apostates. That is a label from JW's.

Firstly, my story. http://stjohnsmossley.org/Karltestimony.htm

Now to say, i left the witnesses in a position where i could of gone far. Priviledges though they were small, i became an unbaptized publisher and my talks in the ministry school were good.

i just was the religion for what is was.

----------------------------------------------------

Again the people here, they are not AGAINST individual's or even god. They've had problems and troubles directly resulting from the WBT society or they've seen it for what it is.

Whatever anyone says, i know that i prayed and prayed to Jehovah to save me and to help me sort the situations i was in and he wasn't there.

The WBT society is not the truth, its a lie. Facts like the Witnesses change dates AFTER the event or not long before so they don't look stupid, the change of light is not a change of light, its basically where they are scared of been shown up.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

If we are bitter it is because we were lied to for the majority of our lives. The WT$ does such a good job of demonizing other religions and organizations that when you find out they too are full of crap you feel there is no where else to go. Your scared to trust anyone, and typically you dont have the necesary life skills or street sense to cope with the real world. I know for me by the time I got out I was in my mid 30's in a job I hated and in a marriage that was on shaky grounds. Its a harsh reality to open your eyes when you're 35 and realize that the best years have been spent in vain. This is all despite having tried to fullfill ecclesiastes 12:1.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Youre right, most are not bitter. Some are and its not without reason. If anyone is bitter, I would hope that they could work that out over time. Being bitter only hurts self.

As far as the term aspostate. I am. Some dont like the term, but if you've left a religious way of thinking, you are an apostate by definition. I think we've taken that term and by using it ourselves it has become a positive.

Apostate: Someone who can think for him/herself.

When you take a slur and make something positive out of it by being a group of desirable, hard working, thinking, honorable, etc you've in a way changed that slur into something good.

They will continue to use the term to describe thing lowest of the low. The proof is in the putting though. We have the power.

• KW13
    KW13

i see, well i am an Apostate by those terms!

• daystar
    daystar
    Again the people here, they are not AGAINST individual's or even god.

Too broad a brush, my friend. Too broad. There is no god but man.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, apostates (Jehovah's Witnesses) are bitter. They left mainstream religion and formed their own cult, and now, over a hundred years later they still bash mainstream religions, governments, business, education, and everything they cannot control. Their entire existence is devoted to their hope that God will butcher billions of men, women, and children. No matter how many people they control, no matter how wealthy their cult becomes, they continue to rabidly lash out at any who dare to disagree with them and any refuse to submit to their abuses. They zealously seek converts because their appetite for new victims is insatiable.

Those of us who have left them are hurt, and it takes time to heal. But we in no way manifest the level of bitterness and hatred that Jehovah's Witnesses do.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    The WBT society is not the truth, its a lie. Facts like the Witnesses change dates AFTER the event or not long before so they don't look stupid, the change of light is not a change of light, its basically where they are scared of been shown up.

Are you really 17 years old?

You seem to have a very mature and firm grasp on the WTBTS; quite unique in someone of your age.

Keep posting!

• KW13
    KW13

ha, yes i am 17!

Thanks - i shall keep posting

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Thanks - i shall keep posting

Glad to hear it

Noticed your church is in Mossley; I used to work in Dukinfield, Chapel Street to be precise; and had a friend who worked at Emmaus;

Its a small world my friend!

DB74

• unique1
    unique1

I am not bitter. Sad and hurt are more the words I would use to describe. I haven't hit the anger part yet as most do. Right now I think I am still stunned and disbelieving. Then again my parents just stopped taling to me on Tuesday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit