What were you disfellowshipped for?

by Kristofer 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I recently had a discussion with a witness friend (i'm a secret) and she claimed that witnesses only get disfellowshipped for being unrepentant for immoral acts. I am curious to know from those who have been disfellowshipped, what was it for?

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Or if you heard or know of what others were disfellowshipped for as well..??

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

standing up for the truth.

It was discovered that I wrote www.jwfacts.com

It explains why the WTS is not directed by God. The judicial committee had no interest in refuting my reasoning, the question was simple, "Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are God's Organisation"? NO. That was all that mattered.

The last two people d/f in my congregation in 2005 were also for disagreeing with the teachings of the WTS.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Of about 50 of my friends that have been d/f the majority have been for immorality, closely followed by apostasy (that i get the impression the percentage of apostates is on the rise.) Other reasons have been drug abuse, alcoholism, manslaughter in a car accident, artificial insemination and dishonest business affairs.

Almost as many were d/f for homosexuality as for straight immorality. I think that since homosexuals know that they can not change it is hard for them to be 'repentant' and stay in the organisation, where as a lot of straight people have sex and get away with it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I recently had a discussion with a witness friend (i'm a secret) and she claimed that witnesses only get disfellowshipped for being unrepentant for immoral acts.

While that is technically true, the Governing Body decides what "immoral" means.

For instance: I had questions about the organization. Finding answers to those questions brought me very near the edge of "immorality." If I had unrepentantly talked to other Witnesses about what I found, I would have been disfellowshipped. I did so, and I was not repentant. I found out later they had already formed a Judicial Committee to disfellowship me when I wrote my letter asking for them to just let me walk away. They took my letter as a disassociation letter, instead.

I hope this clears it up. If I say I will only kill you for things that are immorality, what would your next question be? I hope it would be, "What is immorality?"

Warning, the rank and file generally don't think anyone gets disfellowshipped for questioning the teachings, because the person so accused is branded as an apostate (<--- a kind of immorality in JW-land).

And

alt

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• rick1199
    rick1199

Homosexuality.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For questioning doctrines - apostacy. Sorry, auldsoul, i don't see the difference.

S

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Nominally, for unrepentance re: sex

in reality for disagreeing with my Elders that one has to make confession to them in order to receive forgiveness from sins....

-Eduardo

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

For having a brain, a heart, and a soul

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

who DF'd you Boxed? the Wizard of Oz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit