Can someone point out the differences between a teacher and a leader?

by DavidChristopher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I spent some time in my 5 year olds kindergarten class today.....I was in awe at how one teacher can keep order and teach 20 different hyper children, even getting them to act as one. Truly AWESOME sight it was.......

That is when this topic popped in my head.

Any thoughts?

• Rook
    Rook

A Teacher tell's you what to do but a Leader shows you .

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Exactly! That is what I noticed too!

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Except of course, this teacher showed them and told them, and they did it. Teachers don't just tell, not a good one anyway. If they can tell and get results, fine, but if telling fails, then what? A gun?

• Rook
    Rook

Well i would have to say...it's either you got it or you just don't.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Now how do we know who has it and who doesn't? Is there a way to discern?

• Rook
    Rook

You get wise by experience.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In my opinion, a good teacher is more than one thing. A good teacher is a leader, a very small bit of a director, a great amount of friend, and a healthy measure of student. The measure of a teacher is the students they bear.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Howdy,

what were those things called Venn diagrams? the two circles thingy. It's like take two circles, each representing TEACHER and LEADER respectively and overlap them. Some persons are teachers but not necessarily leaders, ala the old adage "those who can't do, teach", whereas Leadership seems to imply by definition action and activity beyond just oral instruction.

So following the overlapping circles there are some leaders which are not teachers but because they are inspirational, brave, or simply take the lead in the activity or seek to cause others to follow their example, they are leaders.

then you have the ones that are both.

but you asked for differences and my point is that one can't really speak of differences in general since each case would be situational. There might be no real difference between a teacher and a leader, they could and perhaps are often the same.

In another perspective you could have a big circle representing LEADER and a smaller circle within the Leader circle which represents TEACHER because in a sense every teacher is a leader in that they "lead" their pupil(s) either in the learning or obtainment of knowledge or in some other instruction whereas not every Leader is a teacher.

But again to speak of differences doesn't really seem to make sense without some concrete example or unless you are comparing two or more different persons

-Eduardo

• KW13
    KW13

I would say a Teacher has knowledge to share and experience in A scenario.

I am not sure how to describe a leader, they are similar in respects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit