HELP! technical advise re pics by computer..

by stillconcerned 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Recently, i served as matron of honor in 'the wedding of the century'..

My friend, the bride, was DIVINE, and our dresses (as bridesmaids) were to DIE for!

My beautiful daughter was the flower girl..

I have the wedding pics on disc, and tried to send some by email to my mom, but when transferred to emailable form, they get all blurry and contorted.

How to send without the blurriness?

While i'm at it, how to upload an avatar? I never COULD figure it out.

thx!

• stillconcerned
  • daystar
    daystar
    I have the wedding pics on disc, and tried to send some by email to my mom, but when transferred to emailable form, they get all blurry and contorted.

Attaching the files to an email and sending them should not modify the file in any way. If you are embedding the file (which really shouldn't modify it either), try attaching it instead.

Also, to test it out, you might just send them to yourself and see what they look like. If they look good sent to yourself, and they still look blurry to your mom, then the problem lies on her end.

To upload an avatar, edit your profile and select the option for "Upload a picture from my computer (gif/jpg/bmp only)", then browse to where the image is located. Then click on the "update" button at the bottom of that page.

• Scully
    Scully

To update your profile click on the "Profile" box in the upper left corner.

To upload a picture from your computer use the "Picture" section, and the Browse button to find the picture you want to upload.

PictureUse current Picture
    No picture
    Upload a picture from my computer (gif/jpg/bmp only)

Use a picture from the web (enter full URL)

Then click the Update button at the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure about the problem sending pics via e-mail. Maybe they just get like that when the size changes between your computer and your mom's computer? If your mom opens them in a photo viewer program, she can adjust the size and see if that works.

Alternatively, you can set up a YahooGroup for your family, and use it to share pictures with them.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Thanks day... i did send the pix to myself, and they were blurry..

I'll give it another try.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Are they getting blown up to full size when she views them, hence not as well defined?

You can send me one, if you like, and I'll check it out for you

• daystar
    daystar
    Thanks day... i did send the pix to myself, and they were blurry..

Ok, then they are being modified somehow when you send them.

How are you emailing them? Meaning, what email application do you use? (Webmail via AOL, Yahoo, etc. or Outlook, for example.) And there are normally two ways to include images in an email. You may embed the image into the body of the message, or send as an attachment. Which way have you been doing it?

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

i dunno. i don't know what i did well enuf to explain it.... (techno-doofus here...)

I will try again and write down what happens step by step. Then come back..

(i should be working. )

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

So the pictures are clear and sharp on the CD?

Did you save the pictures from the CD to your hard drive first? Then attach the pictures to your email?

Scully was right about the avatar, it works if you have your jpg on your hard drive or uploaded somewhere on the Internet.

Okay either I need to come to your office or you need to show up early for the crawfish boil in May and I can show you a couple of things.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

yup, i think so, Tex..

I tried it by email with full size photos, then compressed photos. In both cases, the pix, unless very close up, get weird and blocky.

Then i tried creating a 'Fotomat' link, and same thing happened.

I can try saving them on my "my pix" first, maybe that will help.

On the disc, they are clear and crisp; it is a professional copy from the wedding photographer, who was one EXPENSIVE fella.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit