Is it reasonable for Christians to believe in 'aliens' ?

by Franz 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Isn't speculation wonderful?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    It would be such an aweful waste of space.

imust..... Sagan....., yes i know. it's how i feel about it too essentially.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

though technically, if evolution is a universal sort of law, then the chances of discovering life in whatever form (the bacteria type "organisms" are my faves. oh, and insect type organisms too) somewhere out there, if even in our distant future, is better than us discovering jehovah to exist.

TS (of the likes "alien movies with non-biped-insect looking aliens" class)

• daystar
    daystar

What does Christianity have to do with whether there is life on other planets or not?

The story of creation in Genesis is simply that, a story. It is based upon a significant amount of ignorance of how the earth was actually formed.

It is a creation myth just like the rest of them.

So, again, what does that have to do with whether there is life on other planets or not?

Also, there are amoral (which is the word I think you were looking for rather than "non-moral") creatures here on earth now. In fact, many stories of gods (including YHVH) and angels indicate a great deal of amorality there as well. YHVH tells us "thou shalt not kill", yet kills at a whim himself. An amoral, or perhaps even immoral, god telling us not to do something that he himself has done tons of.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Good catch, tetrapod.sapien.. I know he was a dork but i'm still a fan.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, perhaps a dork to some. but bloody one of the sexiest men in the history of the world imo.

• Caedes
    Caedes

http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm

That must have taken all of about five seconds to find with google. Franz you really should do a bit more research before boldly claiming that science is mistaken in thinking it's found planets around other stars. Bear in mind we have only started looking very recently for other planets (as we have only recently developed the technology to find them) and guess what? we find them everywhere we look.

As for your question well it's a certainty if you look at the maths, There are just too many stars out there for it not to be.

Perhaps any aliens out there have their own god or gods, maybe their god is the true god and we are in for a toasting for not worshipping him/her/it? Of course I'm being flippant as we all know that all aliens are militant pastafarians.

hth

• IMustBreakAway
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I definitely believe that there are aliens present here that attempt to communicate with us.

If in doubt, just tune in to Talk Radio from noon to 3pm Eastern Time.

Rub a Dub

• moshe
    moshe

I believe that ET's are really time travelers from the future. Due to climate changes in the future, coffee trees no longer grow. They sneak into starbucks for a cup of joe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit