Obituaries for deceased JWs

by Nosferatu 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

My Mom died last month. She had been a JW for 40 years. I could not bury her in that faith as the family doesn't share the same death thoughts. All we said in the paper was that she was a deeply religious person. We buried her though our church. The JW'S have a talk at the hall so they are free to do that. The family thought about making her funeral private but thought we have nothing to fear. And funerals are for the living so we didn't want all those people telling us there scoop on death.

In your case, if you have a wake and then the funeral, why not give the wake service to the JW'S and have the funeral in your faith. You could say the funeral will be private and tell all family members where it will be. The JW'S can feed there brand of crap-o-la at the wake service. Just a thought.......take care and good luck. It is good to plan what you are going to do ahead of time, makes it easier.

• desbah
    desbah

When my father passed away, we had the option of writing his obituary and submited a picture of him to several local newspapers. the only newspaper that charge us money was a major newspaper, that major newspaper charge by the lines and if we wanted a picture to be included all that was extra, so it really depends on the policy of the newspaper.

And I agree with you about having a separate family funneral and JW memorial. when my late father had his JW memorial is was a disgrace, the elder threw a hissy fit because the family members wanted a eulogy for my father and the elder said that he couldn't do his "special talk" if our family inculded a eulogy. in the end I reminded this elder that he made a promise to my mother that he would be there and help out our family, so he had to give his boring talk with scriptures about redemption from resurrection to all us non-JW family members.

Looking back on my father's funneral, I do remember everyone of the JW's bringing their bibles and looking up scriptures, it was a good thing we buried my sister's bible with my father. she couldn't attend because her grandson came into the world exacly the same time we had that memorial for him.

I know exactly where your coming from about your mom, my elderly JW mother is not in the best of health. our family has made pre-burial arrangements for her with the funneral home. I'm not looking forward for my elderly mother passing the way I see it now, each day is a blessing to have her alive on this earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit