Medical Marijauna info needed please.

by damselfly 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• damselfly
    damselfly

I am looking for information on the different ways that medical marijuana may be administered. I have a client that received a information packet from the hospital that stated he could make a poultice from the herb and apply it to the painful areas, however that was all the info they had. They are very interested in trying this approach. Does anyone have an idea about how to go about this? A website or a hard copy would be great or maybe you've tried this yourself?

Feel free to pm or I will give out my email if you don't want to reply to the thread directly.

Dams

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I am a medical cannabis patient in Oregon. There are a couple of good websites www.oregongreenfree.com and www.overgrow.com. The first is primarily a support group for legal carded patients and caregivers/growers (in Oregon) but there is valuable information there. The other site is more "pot-head" oriented but lots of info there, too.

MC - Medical Cannabis - does not have to be smoked to be used. I use what is called a vaporizer... (HerbalAir brand) it heats the herb to a precise temperature (I like 360degrees f) and releases the cannabanoids without releasing all the other toxic chemicals like tar and carbon monoxide you get from smoking. The vapor is inhaled. This is some of the easiest way to control ingestion as the results are nearly immediate and it's more difficult to overmedicate. Other ways include canna-butter and oils used for cooking, even tinctures and salves. The cannabanoids are oil- or alcohol- soluable - NOT water soluable.

I don't think just a poultice of ground up MC will do anything, as it requires a solvent (oil or alcohol) and/or heat (over 250 degrees) to release the cannabanoids.

Salves can be made by heating quality grown and cured MC (trim is just fine - buds are better vaped) with cosmetic or food grade skin oils like Olive, Almond, or Coconut, and blending in cocoa butter to help thicken it. Heated on the stove at a low temperature for several hours, then straining and squeezing as much oil out of the mess as possible. A potato ricer works great!

Long before I started using MC I studied medicinal herbs including how to make and use tinctures, salves, teas, etc. If I can be of further assistance please PM me and I'll give you my email.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thank you Brenda! I will Pm you right away.

I have used castor oil poultices in the past and thought that soaking the marijauna in the castor oil for a peroid of time might work?

Anyone else?

Dams

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Vaporizers get a guy completely bombed, without all the nasty tar and shit. I have one and I would never go back to smoking now. My lungs feel terrific. I think your friend might really like it.

GBL

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Which vaporizer do you have GBL?

I use only at night for night pain from my FibroMyalgia and muscle spasms from Restless Leg Sh*t.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I've got the Vapir One v.3.0., and I absolutely love it. What's so great is the digital temperature gauge, and its super easy to use. I set my temperature at 372 degrees fahrenheit, warm that badboy up, and get blitzed out of my skull on the vapor. My chick really likes using it too.

I need it because I have, uhh, headaches. Yeah thats it, headaches.

GBL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I really like the Aroma Zap vaporizer. It is very effective, looks good and is very discreet. My living room is decorated with a Contemporary Victorian look (lots of cherry wood, reds, browns, etc) and the Aroma Zap fits in perfectly. No one knows what it is unless I tell them.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    castor oil poultices

Actually Castor Oil would be good too as an extractor and carrier as it is skin softening and readily absorbed by the body.

• sinis
    sinis

Use a poltice with ethyl alcohol and DMSO - apply to skin, it will absorb into the skin (I would let the concotion sit for awhile before applying).

• Elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit