Did UFO's play a part in Jesus Baptism?

by Franz 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Franz
    Franz

The Bible strongly suggests that the baptism of Christ was a historical UFO Event. This hypothesis can be drawn from such references as "The Book of Luke" Chapter 3 verses 21-22, Matthew, chapter 3:13 and in John, chapter 1 of the HOLY BIBLE.

The baptism of Christ took place in the wilderness, by the Jordan River. Baptism was symbolic of cleansing or washing sin from one's soul. John the Baptist was there and he performed the ritual. After Christ was immersed in the waters of the Jordan, an unidentified flying object suddenly appeared in the heavens. The Bible describes a solid physical object. The object did not make a sound. It glided down to where Christ now stood, upright in the water. The flight characteristics of this object were similar to that of a dove. The craft descended upon Christ. He was then taken up, into the wing-shaped conveyance. The craft quickly departed, removing Him from their sight. The Bible says that this wing-shaped craft drove Him into the wilderness. He disappeared and was not seen again for forty days.

Luke said the Holy Spirit descended upon him (Jesus) in bodily form, as a dove. Luke was implying that the Holy Spirit had a bodily shape. The signs and wonders that accompanied the prophets of Old in the HOLY BIBLE always suggested that the Holy Spirit of God was a dynamic, preternatural event that was unlike anything static, earthly or temporal. If Jesus had been led up by a pigeon or a dove, that would have indicated that Jesus was a false prophet. (Luke, Op Cit).

It is important to stress that Luke didn't say that a dove descended upon Jesus, but that the Spirit took a bodily shape, which was like a dove. Luke was comparing what was seen to something earthly, so that the reader could understand that the Holy Spirit appeared as a flying object that came down from heaven. Downing says:

One of the difficulties with the dove' concept is that the Luke reading has been made normative for the Matthew, Mark, and John readings. The latter say that the Spirit was 'descending like a dove.' They do not say that the Spirit physically looked like a dove-they are referring to the similarity between the way in which a dove descends in flight, wings spread and motionless, and the way in which the Spirit appears when it descends. Apparently there is nothing visibly in motion when the Spirit is seen to descend, except the motion of the whole 'Spirit body,' whatever that may be; the Spirit is also by implication nearly silent in its descent." - Dr. Barry H. Downing THE BIBLE AND FLYING SAUCERS

John the Baptist as well as others who were present at the christening saw this UFO event. John says "I knew him not, but he that sent me" was an angel, a messenger of God, who told John that "upon whom thou shall see the Spirit descending, and remaining...the same is he which baptizes with the Holy Ghost." (John 1:33)

"Before Pentecost, the manifestation of the Holy Spirit among humans had been very different. In the Old testament, when the Holy Spirit came upon someone it was temporary in duration and usually limited to an individual. Examples of this included Israel's judges, many of her kings, and prophets. But as time went on, they began to long for a great outpouring of God's spirit upon all people as the prophet Joel foretold would happen (Joel 2.28). - NOT LEFT ALONE By Andrew J. Lauer

"Jesus' words to His disciples about the Holy Spirit had profound implications for them and us. He knew that the fulfillment of Israel's longings for God's Spirit were about to take place, and not only Israel, but the entire world would benefit from the Holy Spirit's coming. This is why Jesus said, 'It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you' (John 16:7). And He has fulfilled His promise, for the Holy Spirit does dwell among us..." - NOT LEFT ALONE By Andrew J. Lauer

ALIEN ABDUCTION OR DIVINE DIRECTION?

One possible translation would mean that a chevron, or triangular shaped object, descended from the heavenly abyss above and took Jesus on board their aircraft. (See photo). Although some Bible scholars may disagree, this translation would suggest that when Christ was "led up" by the Spirit, that he was "caught up" or "snatched away" from their sight. It was at that point that he was taken into the belly of this heavenly conveyance, which was described as a dove-shaped UFO. It was after that, where Christ was then taken to a place that the HOLY BIBLE describes as "the wilderness."

The HOLY BIBLE says that the "Spirit of God" was a solid, flying object that literally "drove Jesus into the wilderness."

In the New Testament, the gospel of Mark says that the Spirit of God drove Jesus Christ "into the Wilderness." When the HOLY BIBLE says that the Spirit of God drove Christ into the wilderness, it would mean that some mode of conveyance or transportation took Him there. For example, "we drove Betty to the store," or "Scott drove his Mercedes to the graduation. (Matthew 3.1-17 and John 1.19-32).

There are two historically significant events in the HOLY BIBLE, which document Christ's departure from the earth. Numerous people saw both of these events and each event was well documented.

In the first report, the UFO appeared from heaven and was described as the "Spirit of God." This unidentified flying object descended from the sky with a flight characteristic similar to that of a dove. This wing-shaped object came to rest above Christ and plucked Him from the waters of the river Jordan. It then drove Christ "into the wilderness."

In the second case, a heavenly conveyance appeared as a cloud whereupon Jesus was caught up or snatched away "from their sight." In this case, The Son of God was never seen again. This "Ascension" was an event where Jesus was taken into a "space cloud" and was "removed from their sight." The word used in the Greek to describe this abduction is the word Harpadzo, a term that means to be "caught up" or "snatched away...suddenly." (See Acts 1.8-12)

"Who are these that fly like a cloud, and doves to our windows. - Isaiah 60:1"

Downing says "If these 'clouds' carry the angels of God, then in the tradition of Hebrew parallelism, in which the idea of the first line is carried over into the second line, we have here a comparison between the way in which clouds fly, and doves of course often 'descend' from above to the window below. What we have here, is a clear Biblical precedent..."

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thats it buddy, 2 topics per diem. Huzzah for 2 topics rule.

Just kiddin man, welcome

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It is sooooo nice to see the spirit of Freddy live on, isn't it? ;)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You're damn straight that was a UFO. What do you think the star of Bethlehem was?

I fully believe that Jesus was an Extraterrestrial from a very advanced race. They knew how to use artificial insemenation just like we can do today! That's how Mary got pregnant.

I also believe thus far that the bible is a collection of fictional stories, bedtime stories, fables, nursery rhymes, drug induced hallucinations, and half-baked attempts at making family trees.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Of course, we also know that Enoch was taken up in a flying saucer and went to the Europa shipyards underneath the surface of Jupiter's moon, where he was trained in the art of extraterrestial aquatic shipbuilding. Then he was returned to earth to help Noah in his 600th year of life to build the submersible GOPHER 3000 ark which includes hyperspace multidimensionality functions, which will give ample room to fit every single species on the planet, and the ark performed quite admirably during the Flood thanks to alien technology. Then the ark came to rest at Mount Ararat, not due to water level, but because the GOPHER 3000 was built equipped with trinary booster thrusters that allowed the ark to achieve aeronautic manuverability. Then, after Noah and his family exited the ark, Enoch piloted the GOPHER 3000 on a 200-year mission to repopulate the earth by flying it to locations all over the earth to deposit the various life forms, which were also tinkered with genetically during the year-long Flood to build up enough genetic variation to mask the fact that life has existed on this planet for only 6,000 years (to fool those dumb athiests in the distant future).

• Franz
    Franz

"you're damn straight that was a UFO. What do you think the star of Bethlehem was? I fully believe that Jesus was an Extraterrestrial from a very advanced race. They knew how to use artificial insemenation just like we can do today! That's how Mary got pregnant." Friend, there is much more truth in what you've just said than you realise! I'd like to explore this a little more. I also intend to write my theory of Ezekial's wheel that I think you'll be fascinated and strengthened by. The LORD would indeed be an 'alien' by any definition and I believe Newton also did some work on this and was likely helped by this "Aliens' Ministers". There is some eveidence that they were referred to as "he'la'Sharim"

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

Leolaia,

I am surprised that you failed to take Occam's Razor to your Tale: the "trinary booster thrusters" seem entirely redundant, when the friendly space-traveling Porpoises could easily have pushed the Ark to rest with their noses.

Sometimes it seems that too much education can be as great a weight as too little.

[Ecce signum,]
    [Dilaceratus]

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Then, after Noah and his family exited the ark, Enoch piloted the GOPHER 3000 on a 200-year mission to repopulate the earth by flying it to locations all over the earth to deposit the various life forms

Although that would make much sense, I doubt Extraterrestrials were involved in that. The flood was a large, local flood that didn't engulf the entire world. But because nobody had cable TV, they couldn't turn on CNN to find out that the flood only occurred in Noahland.

If I didn't know better, I'd say that God tried to suffocate the entire world last year in a great snowstorm, but I was smart enough to live in a house and buy a snowblower to get my buggy out of the driveway

• kid-A
    kid-A

poor guy, hope there wasnt any anal probing involved. OUCH!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What if those dinosaur fossils we keep finding are really us, and we've just deluded ourselves that we don't look like dinosaurs, and that we're caught in a time warp that allows us to look at our own selves after we've died and we dig up our own fossilized corpses and put them in museums?

And what if Jesus was really a nice tasty sauropod that got eaten by a Tyrannosaurus Rex (Satan), and that he was resurected into us in the future so that we are all resurrected dinosaurs and the resurrection has all already happened, and this is paradise, and the Bible is a collection of apocalyptic musings from the Cretacious before the asteroid hit (which was Armageddon of course)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit