Quotes from "Clothe Yoursleves With The New Personality" Assembly

by Inquisitor 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Various Interviews/Experiences:

"I use my time wisely by not spending it with my worldly friends..." And so you chose to spend it with people who devised rules that shut up their female members (with the exception of elders' wives who are skilled manipulators of men and power), ban moustaches and beards (for men too) and frown on higher education. Wise indeed!

"We cannot find such joy (construction of new Kingdom Halls) in the jobs that we do in the world..." Never had a fat paycheck waved in your face, have you?

"I pursued higher education....eventually realized that my energies belong to Jehovah." So which paper did you flunk at uni?

JWs always go on the defensive saying they are NOT against higher education, that they are just not PROMOTING it. Then why all the negative feedback on higher education? Why line up young bros and sisters to tell how choosing higher education compromises spiritual goals and interests?

Talk: Education That Molds the New Personality

"Wrldly education cannot help mold the New Personality"

Oh DUH!!! Secular education is by definition hmmm "secular"! Unless one is attending a(Jah forbid) theology school, how can one expect all institutions of higher learning to teach Christian theology. Of course you don't go to college to be a better ministerial servant or elder. The same way you don't go to Gilead/ Theofartic Ministry School/ Ministerial Tranning School to learn to design houses, healthcare, book-keeping, law etc.

The WTS is knowingly comparing apples with oranges to support their half-baked policy on education.

Talk: Wholesome Speech Among Outsiders

Reason for wanting wholesome speech is that we do not want the world to fault us. read 1 Pet 2:12

Not because you actually love good things huh? You get all sweet and polite so you look good to the rest of the bad bad world. How noble.

Talk: Keep Yourself Without Spot From the World

"To anyone who takes the Bible seriously, these young ones are making a wise and logical decision....they are taking steps to ensure their everlasting future."

"These days youths are pressured to make something of themselves and so they feel a need to pursue higher education"

"Parents are also pressured into funding their children's higher education..."

More propaganda. Sigh.

Talk: Daily Renewing The Man We Are Inside

"One of the reasons sexual immorality is so prevalent is that the world today would have men and women, not married to one another, working long hours in close proximity in large corporations"

"Have you ever heard of the Law of Proximity? This law says that if two elements should lie next to one another e.g. a bar of gold and a bar of silver, the two elements would mix, rubbing off one into the other..." I thought the Law of Proximity has something to do with optical illusions, NOT chemical properties. I know for a fact that gold would not react with other elements readily. And I didn't have to go to uni to learn that.

The speaker establish his "credentials" as chemistry expert early in his talk by explaining how many elements in the periodic table, how many discovered, how many we need to consume to survive.

INQ

• simplesally
    simplesally
    "One of the reasons sexual immorality is so prevalent is that the world today would have men and women, not married to one another, working long hours in close proximity in large corporations"

So then, their thinking is the exact same as those in the Muslim countries where they separate their workers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immorality comes from working near each other??? How 'bout it comes from not having morals??

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks inquisitor. Next thing you know they'll be telling people not to take a job in a mixed gender environment.

• Honesty
    Honesty

What a bunch of dumba$$e$. I must have been insane when I joined their doofus club of misfits and window washers.

• carla
    carla

This isn't this years ass-embly is it? I thought the theme was obedience or something on that order for this year.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Carla

It's suppose to be the 2006 Circuit Assembly. But I could be wrong. Maybe they do things differently here or something. I don't really follow how things are supposed to work anymore.

INQ

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

Oh no! I have to attend this assembly soon. I don't think I can take any more college bashing. To sit there and clap, take notes and smile is more than I think I can stand. I just hope I'm not sitting close to any elders who will stare at me the entire time ( they stare at me any time college is mention.) To be honest I'm not sure my jw parents will sit through too much more of that, perhaps this will help them see the light.

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI collegegurl,

These days at the meetings, whenever they start criticizing college, my teenage daughter loudly whispers "That's propaganda". She didn't hear that from me. I wonder what the people around us think.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Unlike centuries ago when they worked side by side 12 hours a day in the fields gathering crops.

Apparently, this kind of close proximity led to so much random and spontaneous coupling man had to invent machines to do the farming.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

It's good to know I wasn't the only one who sat through that painful asselmby. They might as well have called the last talk of the first day "College, how God will not forgive you if you go"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit