What will be the next big 'new light'?

by yaddayadda 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Forscher, I think you are probably closest to the truth. The leadership has become a faceless beauracracy in the communist fashion simply intent on minimising dissent and maintaining status quo. It's totally calcified and stagnating like you say.

I don't envision any changes re 1914 at all because it will have to mean the re-writing of truckloads of related prophecy. The JW's will just end up like the 7th day adventists but with 1914 instead of 1843.

Same with the blood doctrine...I can't see them changing that either.

The only changes I can see is minor tinkering at the superficial level, perhaps shifting the bookstudy to a Saturday morning before field service or something like that. Not new light, just enough to keep the borg imagining that the organisation is progressive.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Thanks.
    Forscher

• Poztate
    Poztate

Proplog2

I loved reading what you wrote. It makes more sense than what the JW say.

What is sad is that if the WT published a new book with the exact same scenario the Dubs would lap it up and get all excited about their "new light"

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Forscher,

That was well put and I subscribe to that analogy completely. Nicely done.

W.Once

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The next big "new light" will be when the whole earth lights up.

All the angels will start phoning the angel who was managing the pool to find out which of them won for the year this know-it-all species would hardwire the ionosphere to ground and light the whole works up like a Christmas tree.

Malchianah was very disappointed when he lost because the confusion of the languages at Babylon caused work on the tower to stop. He begged for a chance to choose another year, claiming divine interference. But the one running the pool disallowed that on the grounds that he knew for a fact Malchianah encouraged Nimrod to start building that tower just to weight the odds in his favor.

Or...maybe it will be one of the other suggestions.

AuldSoul

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

its OK to save seats at the district assembly for more than your immediate family and those traveling with you in your car!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I dunno, bonnzo...with fewer Conventions and larger groups they may go the OTHER way on that one.

• blondie
    blondie

The venues I attended the last seven years were large enough so people could find seats without trying. Saving seats has not been an issue. Saving "prime" seats has been an issue. Those who are allowed in before 8 am usually get those because they are already inside.

New Light:

With the WTS making the statement that there will be some of the anointed on earth when the end comes, the problem comes up what happens 50 years from now when the newest GB member is in his 90's. It will become apparent that all the writing of the WT publications and talks are being done by the non-anointed JWs (which they are doing anyway). But there can be no official turning over of the responsibility on earth until the last anointed dies and that includes women.

I anticipate some kind of new understanding regarding the great crowd and their status in the administration. Maybe they will be compared to the 10-tribe kingdom that neither provided priests or kings (through Judah). After all, the 2 tribe kingdom would be a small group in comparison to the 10-tribe kingdom.

Blondie (just joking not serious)

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

The anti-christ is not a class of people but an actual person - Putin.

Now that can't be right the Elders told my family that I was the anti-Christ !!!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    New Light:

With the WTS making the statement that there will be some of the anointed on earth when the end comes, the problem comes up what happens 50 years from now when the newest GB member is in his 90's. It will become apparent that all the writing of the WT publications and talks are being done by the non-anointed JWs (which they are doing anyway). But there can be no official turning over of the responsibility on earth until the last anointed dies and that includes women

95 % of all JWs have no clue about this "annointed"-stuff. Yes, they know the expressions, like "the remnant" and of course the "144000", but to most JWs, these terms are vague and hard to grasp, and they don`t really understand what this means. So there might be some new light on this, but most JWs won`t experience this as very dramatic. They`ll be "studying" that new article, stumble across that word "new understanding"...mumble mumble...nodding heads...pretending to understand...looking at the people next to you, a bit anxious that someone might realize you don`t have a clue what this means...nodding with a serious expression on your face...thankful for this "spiritual food served at the proper time"...nod some more, prayer, and then stand up and sing and the whole thing will be over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit